Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barden)
    this
    In a massive minority of animals. It doesn't happen in our closest animal reletives either (ie chimps).

Also, why do you think you have the right to use the flag of the International Brigades?? Did you fight in the spanish civil war or make some sort of useful contribution to it? No you didn't, did you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frieza)
    You opened up a thread just to advertise how taking it into the pooper is natural?

Then I ask you this, give me some reasons why pedophilia is unnatural.
    It is on so many levels, let me list just a couple:
    1: you can't have a mutual relationship with a child
    2: any sexual activity is traumatic abuse
    3: professionals often note the amount of self confessed paedophiles (convicted or not) who are psychopathic in nature

Homosexuality wasn't discovered because someone was raped, its just a preference, why should it bother you that someone prefers men

ReputationRep:
    because you're ******* someone up the arse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tianaluvsu)
    pple say its unnaturall cus its not wat nature wants .. u have penises and vagina's for a reason..lol
    dont really get the point of touching appendages u already have?.lol

ps. y do pple say ur'e homophobic when u say u dont like gays?.. "homophobia" translates to fear of homosexuals.. wat if u just dont agree with the process.. how does that make u scared?..
    It's a silly word. Homophobia is an antipathy towards homosexuals, not being afraid of it.

(Original post by Tefhel)
    The 'unnatural' argument is such a fail one. Considering the fact that clothes are unnatural, as are electric lightbulbs and pretty much anything in day-to-day life. Only people who are living naked in a forest and eating like monkeys can say that something unnatural is wrong - otherwise, H.Y.P.O.C.R.I.T.E.
    I agree. You and Aphotic Cosmos are now my two most favourite people on this forum. I am filled with homicidal rage when people use the "it's unnatural!" argument. My parents say it all the time, and just moan indistinctly when I subsequently demolish their statement and prove how idiotic it is to say such a thing (especially considering one of them's a doctor! I mean, if anything's "unnatural" it's modern medicine). I just can't fathom that level of stupidity among the general population. Also, homosexuality is well-documented among animal species, so anyone who's stupid to use an appeal to nature would also have failed to actually do so (failing to use a logical fallacy properly- THAT'S true failure). Seriously, if I could, I would hunt down all the folk on this thread who are using the "it's unnatural!" argument and would proceed to set fire to or otherwise destroy their house, clothes, every single one of their possessions and leave them stranded naked in the middle of some remote forest with nothing. Then they'd really know what "natural" meant.

(Original post by + polarity -)
    Really? I've only heard of male penguin couples looking after chicks, and males sexing each other to show dominance, but not a proper relationship. :confused:
    Have a read please:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosex...ior_in_animals

The fact that homosexuality is found in nature is quite simply irrefutable.

(Original post by ......?)
    It's not unnatural since it occurs in nature.
    Really? I've only heard of male penguin couples looking after chicks, and males sexing each other to show dominance, but not a proper relationship. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Okay, here is my liberal conservative answer.

Homosexuality is very natural. It happens in the wild and it has happened throughout history. If I am not mistaken, the Greeks were particularly fond... The objections come on a moral or religious basis and not a natural one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by innerhollow)
    I agree. I am filled with homicidal rage when people use the "it's unnatural!" argument. I just can't fathom that level of stupidity among the general population.
    I also agree. People argue that homosexuality is unnatural because they cannot think of a better argument, and for some reason a lot of people hear the word "unnatural" and a red flag goes off in their head saying "UNNATURAL = BAD." It's an attempt to say that if you're having sex to do anything except make babies, then you're doing something wrong. But if you just think for a second, almost everything is "unnatural," whichever religion you believe in - medicine, for example, is "unnatural" - following nature we should be allowing people to die from common colds. And if you're religious, then surely disease is God's way of punishment, or at least part of his big plan human's cannot understand? It's a self-defeating argument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude Where's My Username)
    I couldn't care less whether being gay is considered natural or not, but using paedophillia as a counter argument against it is so retarded it's untrue. Paedophillia is disgusting, evil and illegal incase anyone else wishing to use that pathetic argument has forgotten.
    Paedophilia is natural, Paedophilia acts is not. It will become a part of society one day. I mean 80 years ago, who knew homosexual acts wouldn't be a crime? Also, Zoophilia is natural; Zoophilia acts are illegal.

ReputationRep:
    so what if people are gay or straight its human life.... everyone can do what they want with it, so are people who are against homosexuals saying they would turn away their siblings, cousins, sons and daughters. And if u were brought up with a gay couple would you turn against them

i personally think there is nothing unnatural with gays.... i know someone gay and i love him the way he is x

ReputationRep:
    I think the argument that they can't procreate is absolutely ridiculous. If one were to follow that logic, than heterosexual sterile couples would immediately be rendered "unnatural". It's stupidity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple_Pan)
    I also agree. People argue that homosexuality is unnatural because they cannot think of a better argument, and for some reason a lot of people hear the word "unnatural" and a red flag goes off in their head saying "UNNATURAL = BAD." It's an attempt to say that if you're having sex to do anything except make babies, then you're doing something wrong. But if you just think for a second, almost everything is "unnatural," whichever religion you believe in - medicine, for example, is "unnatural" - following nature we should be allowing people to die from common colds. And if you're religious, then surely disease is God's way of punishment, or at least part of his big plan human's cannot understand? It's a self-defeating argument.
    I agree but I don't think medicine is unnatural, it uses techniques that humans have learnt and tools that humans have made, we are nature, it would be unnatural if it was impossible for us to do.

ReputationRep:
    Why do people compare homosexuality and pedophilia? They're two completely different and unrelated concepts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frieza)
    Then I ask you this, give me some reasons why pedophilia is unnatural.
    (Original post by Jimmy Carr)
    Pedophilia is wrong, it's pAedophilia
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    Because it goes against natural methods of procreation?
    If you'd consider homosexuality a "method of procreation", you're even more asinine than your rep implies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude Where's My Username)
    I couldn't care less whether being gay is considered natural or not, but using paedophillia as a counter argument against it is so retarded it's untrue. Paedophillia is disgusting, evil and illegal incase anyone else wishing to use that pathetic argument has forgotten.
    It's a paraphilia just like homosexuality, so paedophilia is in the same sense 'natural' among the animal kingdom. And there's little wrong with paedophilia, though it crosses the boundary when the person lacks autonomy, gives in to urges. THEN it's disgusting and morbid.

ReputationRep:
    It does occur in nature but I would consider it unnatural to a degree nevertheless. Mutations in genes happen in nature, such as those that make flies grow penises on their heads, out of their eye sockets, but I doubt anyone would agree that this is the natural development pattern for the fly. Mutations such as this, which impair the animals reproductive potential are not something that agree with nature, nature stops these genes being passed on via natural selection. Homosexual genes act similarly, they disrupt the normal development of the organism that has them, leading to an impairment of their ability to pass genes on .
    Everyone has a different idea of what is natural, but in my definition of what nature is (and I have a degree in biology, and am currently studying for a PhD in it, so my views are probably different to most peoples), and what is normal in it, then homosexuality is not natural. I would also class animals that were born with two heads, or had sex with children unnatural, but they still occur in nature rarely. We don't see these very often, like homosexual animals, because they are disfavoured strongly by natural selection, and are caused by loss of function or deleterious gain of function mutations.

ReputationRep:
    Penis -> Vagina = Baby
    Penis -> ******** = Aids

ReputationRep:
    Apparently in homosexual couples one man acts like the woman. If this is true I dont see why you wouldnt just get a real woman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonjon123)
    Paedophilia is natural, Paedophilia acts is not. It will become a part of society one day. I mean 80 years ago, who knew homosexual acts wouldn't be a crime? Also, Zoophilia is natural; Zoophilia acts are illegal.
    This post just made my Retard-O-Metre explode. Congratulations. Please don't quote me again.

(Original post by danadd9)
    It's a paraphilia just like homosexuality, so paedophilia is in the same sense 'natural' among the animal kingdom. And there's little wrong with paedophilia, though it crosses the boundary when the person lacks autonomy, gives in to urges. THEN it's disgusting and morbid.
    People like you are the reason I simply won't give Liberals the time of day or any respect. I'm ignoring everything I've been taught here by society or my parents. If you have sexual attraction to children, you ARE an odious individual. However, don't act on it and there won't be a problem.

Bottom line it though, I don't care whether they act on it or not, paedophilia IS wrong and disgusting. There IS something wrong with it and if you choose to justify it (just the mental aspect, not the actual molestation) then something has gone wrong with your psych.

I can't believe there are self appointed Gandhis on this site who actually rationalise this train of thought. Madness!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ......?)
    I agree but I don't think medicine is unnatural, it uses techniques that humans have learnt and tools that humans have made, we are nature, it would be unnatural if it was impossible for us to do.
    This is precisely why the "unnatural" argument is such a weak one, for anything. This way of arguing it suggests that everything we do has to be natural by merit of the fact we can do it and we are nature, which also destroys the argument that homosexuality is unnatural. So nearly any way you look at it, if you actually continue the argument beyond "penis goes in vagina"(which is hardly an "argument" anyway), there is nothing unnatural about homosexuality.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.