Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonjon123)
    Dude, relax. It is natural. Google it. If you accept homosexuality, than why shouldn't you accept Paedophilia. If you don't accept Paedophilia acts than thats another thing. Just provide a good argument, and don't resort to such half-hearted responses.
    I'm very relaxed mate. It's just your argument is non-existant and lacks logic. Why are we talking about men who think about children but don't commit the acts? What you're talking about and defending is the feelings of such an individual,which is is 100% irrelevant to the subject matter of this thread.

Homosexuality does not ruin lives if the physical aspect is engaged. So why are we talking about paedophilia? Where is that relevant? Enlighten me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Horizons)
    It's attitudes like this that cause me to worry about our society.
    You're doing your GCSE's and get your information from the internet. Quote me when you enter the real world.

ReputationRep:
    Tbf I think they mean it's immoral. Besides natural or not doesn't mean it's a good thing. Cannibalism is natural too. Well to be precise, homosexuality is natural but abnormal, as is cannibalism. You could say that in a way homosexuality is a disability, because humans are meant to be attracted to the opposite sex for procreation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuppie20)
    You're doing your GCSE's and get your information from the internet. Quote me when you enter the real world.
    Oh yeah, that hurt. Unfortunately, I can't quite tell what me doing my GCSE's has got to do with you, homosexuality, society or anything else on this thread.

I get my information from the internet? That's an interesting fact right there. Care to cite it?

It's a shame that we have to contend with such narrow-minded people as you.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's the whole idea that a penis is made to fit inside a vagina, and vice versa. Then when homosexual people get intimate, they obviously can't do it this way so they have to improvise. Also heterosexual couples can reproduce with each other, and homosexual couples can't.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, that hurt. Unfortunately, I can't quite tell what me doing my GCSE's has got to do with you, homosexuality, society or anything else on this thread.

I get my information from the internet? That's an interesting fact right there. Care to cite it?

It's a shame that we have to contend with such narrow-minded people as you.
    You cited it yourself when you quoted a wikipedia page, you wannabe hippie liberal.

There is no Utopia, and there shall only be freedom for gays and respect for the Equality Bill at great sacrifices. Doing you GCSE's has a lot to do with it you naive little school child. And who is "we" and what exactly are you contending? You post on a forum and preach tolerance. nice1. All you ******* Liberals need to stop whining and get off your high chairs and wake the **** up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    No; I know better than to engage rationally with someone who lacks the capacity for abstract reasoning.
    Such an arrogant and disapointing response. Do you have a problem with people who dare to challenge a point of view that is not equal to your own in a debate?

Reason why I was so abrasive with my initial response to Danadd (who I'm sure is a very intelligent chap) was simply down to, what I believe, is an almost insulting comparison between two practices that have no relation to each other what so ever. I am not gay. I am also not exercising a knee jerk reaction to paedophilia. Points were considered, I thought about them, responded accordingly.

I think for myself. Sue me.

ReputationRep:
    Well animals seem to do homosexual things (ive got two male dogs and they are always at it) :s

but i suppose that is different, or is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JW92)
    This is a fair point (even though I suspect some homophobic undertone). Because, really, something being natural does not make it right and something being unnatural doesn't make it wrong.
    This and the bit about being unable to procreate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barden)
    [I]

do you make some sort of useful contribution to britain? i think not - you're clearly merely a 'keyboard warrior'...fighting electoral campaigns to the end of being in a model parliament

you're pathetic
    Yes, I regularly volenteer. Don't you dare tell me what I am you hypocrite.

ReputationRep:
    It isn't unnatural . . . homosexual animals exsist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greens)
    Contraceptions are unnatural. The same is arguably true of monogamy. though I would have to do a bit of research on that. I don't see, however, how homosexuality is unnatural. It exists, after all, in nature.
    My line of reasoning was:

'Nature' exists due to the process of evolution
    The theory of evolution states that genes that procreate effectively survive
    Genes that encourage homosexuality decrease chances of procreation

Obviously 'natural' is quite a badly defined word and you could probably argue the opposite case if you took it to mean a different thing like occurs in nature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Maybe it's the whole idea that a penis is made to fit inside a vagina, and vice versa. Then when homosexual people get intimate, they obviously can't do it this way so they have to improvise. Also heterosexual couples can reproduce with each other, and homosexual couples can't.
    The problem here, in my opinion, is that you are confusing homosexuality the feeling with gay sex. While gay sex may be 'unnatural', homosexuality the feeling is not. How can a human emotion be 'unnatural'? It is illogical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amirahaha)

It's not unnatural. While it may seem unnatural since it's biologically impossible to conceive with two homosexuals, humans and a few other animals have sex for other reasons. Like, say, love? Enjoyment? To say homosexuality is unnatural for that very reason is along the same lines as saying using condoms is unnatural.
    Of course using a condom is unnatural.

ReputationRep:
    You cited it yourself when you quoted a wikipedia page, you wannabe hippie liberal.

There is no Utopia, and there shall only be freedom for gays and respect for the Equality Bill at great sacrifices. Doing you GCSE's has a lot to do with it you naive little school child. And who is "we" and what exactly are you contending? You post on a forum and preach tolerance. nice1. All you ******* Liberals need to stop whining and get off your high chairs and wake the **** up.

Citing a Wikipedia page does not mean that I find out my information via Wikipedia.

Of course there is no Utopia. I am not suggesting this or wishing for it at all. Great sacrifices? Such as?

I suppose I shouldn't really worry though. Your opinion won't change anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halfoflessthan50p)
    My line of reasoning was:

'Nature' exists due to the process of evolution
    The theory of evolution states that genes that procreate effectively survive
    Genes that encourage homosexuality decrease chances of procreation

Obviously 'natural' is quite a badly defined word and you could probably argue the opposite case if you took it to mean a different thing like occurs in nature.
    Alright, I see what you mean. Although, I remember reading an article which delineated the findings of a study conducted by Italian researchers which found that there are evolutionary benefits to homosexuality. Having said that, however, more research probably needs to be done. Though, thinking about it, I doubt we would have to justify these harmless gay feelings if it were not for religious bigots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theBOON)
    Tbf I think they mean it's immoral. Besides natural or not doesn't mean it's a good thing. Cannibalism is natural too. Well to be precise, homosexuality is natural but abnormal, as is cannibalism. You could say that in a way homosexuality is a disability, because humans are meant to be attracted to the opposite sex for procreation.
    Is it?? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Citing a Wikipedia page does not mean that I find out my information via Wikipedia.

Of course there is no Utopia. I am not suggesting this or wishing for it at all. Great sacrifices? Such as?

I suppose I shouldn't really worry though. Your opinion won't change anything.
    And neither will yours.

ReputationRep:
    And neither will yours.
    At least we've settled that then.

ReputationRep:
    At least we've settled that then.
    Settled what? I never thought your opinion would matter. I'm going to kill a cat for every time a liberal douche who studies French at GCSE quotes me.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.