Turn on thread page Beta

Reasons for homosexuality being unnatural? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halfoflessthan50p)
    My line of reasoning was:

'Nature' exists due to the process of evolution
    The theory of evolution states that genes that procreate effectively survive
    Genes that encourage homosexuality decrease chances of procreation

Obviously 'natural' is quite a badly defined word and you could probably argue the opposite case if you took it to mean a different thing like occurs in nature.
    Yeah natural and unnatural are not synonymous with right and wrong which i think is the question here??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    Is it?? :lolwut:
    :lol: yep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonjon123)
    Paedophilia is natural, Paedophilia acts is not. It will become a part of society one day. I mean 80 years ago, who knew homosexual acts wouldn't be a crime? Also, Zoophilia is natural; Zoophilia acts are illegal.
    Why not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrissy101)
    I think the argument that they can't procreate is absolutely ridiculous. If one were to follow that logic, than heterosexual sterile couples would immediately be rendered "unnatural". It's stupidity.
    Yes, they are unnatural, as are the methods which they usually resort to to have children.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theBOON)
    yep
    In what way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuppie20)
    Settled what? I never thought your opinion would matter. I'm going to kill a cat for every time a liberal douche who studies French at GCSE quotes me.
    I don't care what you believe, and you don't care what I believe.
    But I guess you're one to pick arguments.

natural and moral are different things.

peadophilia is immorral because it harms children
    homosexuality is not because grown men can do what the hell they like in bed.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, they are unnatural, as are the methods which they usually resort to to have children.
    So what if it is unnatural? Sitting at a desk for forty hours a week is unnatural, yet we do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamrules247)
    Yes, I regularly volenteer. Don't you dare tell me what I am you hypocrite.

how am i a hypocrite? :confused:

volunteering isn't helping britain, it's helping people...or more likely helping your ego

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Horizons)
    I don't care what you believe, and you don't care what I believe.
    But I guess you're one to pick arguments.
    lol, go on horizons!!

ReputationRep:
    It's 'unnatural' to take any form of medication or have any surgical procedure.

ReputationRep:
    In what way?
    I refuse to do the googling for you but if you really want to know cannibalism is much more common amongst animals. This doesn't imply that it's common amongst animals; just that it's mostly instinctive behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude Where's My Username)
    I'm very relaxed mate. It's just your argument is non-existant and lacks logic. Why are we talking about men who think about children but don't commit the acts? What you're talking about and defending is the feelings of such an individual,which is is 100% irrelevant to the subject matter of this thread.

Homosexuality does not ruin lives if the physical aspect is engaged. So why are we talking about paedophilia? Where is that relevant? Enlighten me.
    This is where it becomes relevant:

(Original post by Dude Where's My Username)
    I couldn't care less whether being gay is considered natural or not, but using paedophillia as a counter argument against it is so retarded it's untrue. Paedophillia is disgusting, evil and illegal incase anyone else wishing to use that pathetic argument has forgotten.
    You stated an opinion, on a student forum. I started an argument... Then you decided that I was right, but still express your opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greens)
    So what if it is unnatural? Sitting at a desk for forty hours a week is unnatural, yet we do it.
    Exactly. Unnatural doesn't mean wrong.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    If you took the purely biological view that the purpose of sex is to reproduce, then any form of sex that does not let you reproduce (anal, oral, masturbation, sex when not fertile as well as homosexual) is unnatural. However, with the amount of different ways of having sex, we clearly do not think that sex is purely for reproduction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kreuzuerk)
    It's 'unnatural' to take any form of medication or have any surgical procedure.
    Yes. What's your point?

ReputationRep:
    My point was that there are no unnatural sexual acts.

Only some that are "immoral" perhaps, like pedophilia. And that is because I assume a child cannot give a proper informed consent, so it's like unconsensual sex between two adults: "natural" but immoral.

And to the smarta5s who corrected me, pedophilia without the "a" is more correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theBOON)
    I refuse to do the googling for you but if you really want to know cannibalism is much more common amongst animals. This doesn't imply that it's common amongst animals; just that it's mostly instinctive behaviour.
    I don't believe that. I refuse to Google it either. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barden)
    how am i a hypocrite? :confused:

volunteering isn't helping britain, it's helping people...or more likely helping your ego
    You are a hypocrite because you went off on that little tangent about me being a key board warrior, when you want to fight fascism by changing your flag to that of a group of soldiers most of whom are long dead, making you the keyboard warrior.

Yes it is helping Britain. I also intend to join the forces after leaving Uni, which is most certainly helping. What have you done to help??

ReputationRep:
    Its like putting two plugs together. Or two ports. It just doesn't ******* work dammit??!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.