Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Because it serves no biological purpose?

ReputationRep:
    It isn't unnatural becuase it is something which happens in nature. :ms:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ACDC)
    Ok then...

It was Romeo and Juliet not Romeo and Julio

Spoiler:
    Show
    joke :p:
    Haha because that ended well :p:

Spoiler:
    Show
    That was a new one I'll admit

ReputationRep:
    The main purpose of any living thing is reproduction. Homosexuality is a dead end for genes and they don't like it.

ReputationRep:
    What Aeolus said.
    It's happening naturally, no-one is forcing it, therefore it's natural.....
    And it happens widely across the animal world too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamrules247)
    Because sex is primarily for procreation.
    People only have sex to reproduce? That's news to me. :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    It is against the 'natural' order of things in that a man attracted only to other men cannot procreate and pass on his genes. From an evolutionary perspective this is completely useless. Nature would prefer it if we all got off with people of the opposite sex because this is what we are physically designed to do and what allows our species to continue existing.

God, that sounds so freaking clinical. At the end of the day what two consenting adults want to do with each other in their own homes is up to them, and I don't really give a monkey's.

ReputationRep:
    Its natural, who says we shud all live by one rule, is this a dictatorship???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieBee_90)
    People only have sex to reproduce? That's news to me. :lolwut:
    I love how some people twist other people's words just to make a point :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Well, I see homosexuality as kinda like vegetarianism. Both are "unnatural" but they are life decisions and as long as you refrain from forcing your views on other people, there's nothing wrong with either.

(Original post by adamrules247)
    Why don't you learn to read. Come back when you've learnt and then read my post properly. Or would that be too difficult for you?
    Given that no-one created sex with any intent about its purpose, I think she was right even excepting her misinterpreting "primarily".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
    If anyone posts that 'It's Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve LOL' crap I will hunt you down :mad:
    Exactly, that's the test to see whether someone is a complete douche or not

ReputationRep:
    God created adam and eve not adam and steve !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milkytea)
    Well, I see homosexuality as kinda like vegetarianism. Both are "unnatural" but they are life decisions and as long as you refrain from forcing your views on other people, there's nothing wrong with either.
    I presume you mean unnatural in the complete Darwinian sense?:P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_bring_you_fire)
    I presume you mean unnatural in the complete Darwinian sense?:P
    Yeah lol.. I didn't mean to brand homosexuality as something "unnatural" as in, wrong. Or vegetarianism for that matter, but I am one of them myself.:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milkytea)
    P.s I don't think Homosexuality is a lifestyle choice. See American Dad

ReputationRep:
    Homosexuality is an evolutionary **** up.
    But I love it <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halfoflessthan50p)
    was it the same arguement as this?

He says in times of resource shortage social groups benefit by having a proportion of homosexual members who contribute to the group but dont demand resources to bring up their own offsprings.

So the homosexuals help their genes survive through assisting their siblings to procreate i.e if I give birth to ten children they have a better chance of survival if I've got one gay in there to help out the rest of them.

Interesting.
    Indeed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_bring_you_fire)
    P.s I don't think Homosexuality is a lifestyle choice. See American Dad
    I haven't seen that:p: But I guess you are just born gay or not gay, so my bad again.

Probs 'cos I'm young, none of my friends are openly gay or anything.. so I've never talked about it that much.

ReputationRep:
    That's enough. Thread closed.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.