Turn on thread page Beta

Gf's dad says im not leaving gf. watch

ok this is all weird but I got my first gf at 20 I was a virgin up till then and Ive been with her a year. We have had our arguments, split up once then got back together because she said she wanted to and that I was selfish for leading her on then ignoring her feelings. Ive told her several times that we are better just being friends we just don't get on in a relationship but she starts crying and saying we just need more time and I always believe her. She goes and tells all her friends and family that Im messing her about I know that her family expecially her dad doesn't like me I do like her but we just don't get on in a relationship yet we were fine as friends:confused:

Cut a long story short we have stayed together but its not really in the romantic way we have been having sex a lot less and are more like friends again. The week before though she told me she was pregnant, she wants to keep it and I thought right Im not ready at all for this we have been using protection (I swear) its a shock but these things happen Im going to have to support her and play my part. Ive told her whatever happens to our relationship I'l support her. Ive not a clue what she has told her dad but he bascially saw me, said 'come here' came over to me (when i was walking to uni) grabbed me lightly and said in a very threatening voice 'you do know you are going to stay with her now lad don't you, its your responsibility and if you go anywhere you'l have me to see, just letting you know ok'. When he went I was sort of shaking a bit and thought what the hell but the fact that he has threatened me actually makes me want to leave her! Im willing and would want to be part of bringing the baby up but don't see why I should take this c***. Anyone have any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Guess he's just looking out for his daughter.

ReputationRep:
    Do you reckon his threats are genuine? Didn't your girlfriend consult you on the baby issue at all? I think you are probably better out of this relationship. It sounds like your girlfriend really wants this relationship, but isn't considering your happiness at all.

Do you think she's telling the truth about being pregnant?

ReputationRep:
    If I was her dad I'd probably do something the same, although I'm not sure.

Get over it.

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to stay with her to do your bit - parents staying in a bad relationship can be ten times worse for kids than parents splitting up.

It takes two to tange - the dads pissed, but yea, he's just protecting his daughter, but you don't have to take that **** off him.

Don't mean to throw a spanner in the works, but are you sure the kid is yous?

ReputationRep:
    How old are you now, and how old is she?

(Original post by Callipygian)
    How old are you now, and how old is she?
    Im 21 she is 20

ReputationRep:
    He's thick if he thinks forcing you into staying with her is the right thing to do.
    He only has a right to deal with it from his daughter's side of things, he has no business and no right telling you what to do.
    If this happened to me I'd actually challenge him and threaten to leave, because that way you can lay down the law and let the douchebag know you're not about to be pushed around so easily.

Unfortunately for you, now that he's seen you're so shaken up by him he's already established the higher order. Have man to man conversation and let him know you ain't taking his ****, oh and if he's pissed about the situation then he can take it up with his daughter...this is as her own doing as it is yours.

(Original post by darigan)
    You don't have to stay with her to do your bit - parents staying in a bad relationship can be ten times worse for kids than parents splitting up.

It takes two to tange - the dads pi##sed, but yea, he's just protecting his daughter, but you don't have to take that s##t off him.

Don't mean to throw a spanner in the works, but are you sure the kid is yous?
    Yea I have thought about this but shes not the type to go sleeping around and like me doesn't have much of a social life

ReputationRep:
    Have you spoken to her about an abortion?
    Is she keeping the baby just so you'll have to stay with her?

ReputationRep:
    I'm 25 mate, with a daughter thats going to be 4 in March.

Its a lot of hard work, but it is worth it.

I think that you may need to try to give the relationship a chance, but if it won't work, then you'll need to bite the bullet and end it.

Whatever happens, you need to have an amicable relationship with your gf if you're going to be able to play you're part in bringing up you child properly - thats the key.

Also, you may not be feeling it now, but congratulations (when my partner and i were expecting, one of the toughest things was the negativity from all around)

//edit: I'm not pushing the pro-life deal - you have to make the right decision, and consider all the options

(Original post by theboilermantr15)
    Have you spoken to her about an abortion?
    Is she keeping the baby just so you'll have to stay with her?
    I can't deny that she is manipulative but I don't think she would go this far. I asked her what she wants to do and said that its not really the best time for a baby but she said shes definitely keeping it and will get a full time job. I told her that I'l support her whatver happens to the relalationship and she was like 'don't start this again' and started yelling. She will have gone and told her dad what I said and its resulted in this..

(Original post by darigan)
    I'm 25 mate, with a daughter thats going to be 4 in March.

Its a lot of hard work, but it is worth it.

I think that you may need to try to give the relationship a chance, but if it won't work, then you'll need to bite the bullet and end it.

Whatever happens, you need to have an amicable relationship with your gf if you're going to be able to play you're part in bringing up you child properly - thats the key.

Also, you may not be feeling it now, but congratulations (when my partner and i were expecting, one of the toughest things was the negativity from all around)

//edit: I'm not pushing the pro-life deal - you have to make the right decision, and consider all the options
    Cheers, this is the thing Ive known it for a while we get on a lot better as friends! I just feel like Im not in reality at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe I'm a horrible person.

But the first thought that came through my head was: a) Does she really have a child? b) Is that your child? c) If you weren't sure, why the hell did you continue with things?

Regardless I don't think you should settle with her if you don't love her. As it sounds like things will always be messy.

ReputationRep:
    I think you need to sit down and have a serious disscussion with your GF, her parents, and maybe yours aswell.

It may be better to get out of the realationship now, rather than try to bring up a child in a hostile enviroment. And if this is the case and her Dad starts to get heavy, tell him to P*** off and that you wont hesitate to get the police involved, he may be from a differat generation, but that dosn't give him the right to act like that.

ReputationRep:
    Have you actually seen the pregnancy test to show she's actually pregnant? Just a thought but she seems a bit manipulative.

If she is pregnant, i think it would be best for the baby if you did split up but tried to keep it amicable. If she isn't pregnant, I'd firmly end the relationship, for good this time despite her complaints.

Hope everything gets sorted, one way or another

ReputationRep:
    Tell her to have an abortion, and that she'll never see you again if she has the baby. Or kick her in the belly.

ReputationRep:
    The dad is not right for the threats, but what I don't get is..if you thought you were better of as friends why was you sleeping with her??

ReputationRep:
    by all means support her and help her look after this baby ... but dont stay with her if u dont want her ... you could ruin future relationships for her and u ...have you tried telling your family about this maybe they could help x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paella)
    Tell her to have an abortion, and that she'll never see you again if she has the baby. Or kick her in the belly.

would you like it if someone kicked your girlfriend in the stomach or if you had a sister to kill a baby :mad:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.