Turn on thread page Beta

Glands a sign of unfaithfulness? watch

Okay, completely ludicrous thread and I know it is but, I woke up this morning with the right side of my neck being extremely swollen to the point that it hurts to swallow saliva or breathe. I've booked an appointment with the doctor and I'm fairly certain that's its glandular fever.

However, I've just been watching an NHS video about it and it intimates that one of the most obvious reasons for getting GF is from kissing. Now, I've got a girlfriend who had glandular fever a while ago. (I didn't know that you can get it from kissing). My question is, I hadn't seen her for nearly a month so does her having that condition mean that she'd been kissing someone else, which would potentially lead to her cheating on me?

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't mean that she has cheated on you, it means there is a possibility. Having said that, most diseases can be caught by kissing because you're in close contact with someone.
    Basically there is no evidence that she has been cheating on you.

ReputationRep:
    Glandular fever is very contagious. You don't have to kiss someone to get it. Sharing a drink or whatever would equally do the job. Chill.

ReputationRep:
    Could also be tonsilitis going on the symptoms you've described, and that's got nada to do with kissing.... well it does, but y'no, plenty of other reasons you could have tonsilitis for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Okay, completely ludicrous thread and I know it is but, I woke up this morning with the right side of my neck being extremely swollen to the point that it hurts to swallow saliva or breathe. I've booked an appointment with the doctor and I'm fairly certain that's its glandular fever.

However, I've just been watching an NHS video about it and it intimates that one of the most obvious reasons for getting GF is from kissing. Now, I've got a girlfriend who had glandular fever a while ago. (I didn't know that you can get it from kissing). My question is, I hadn't seen her for nearly a month so does her having that condition mean that she'd been kissing someone else, which would potentially lead to her cheating on me?

Cheers.
    Hey,

I'm sadly prone to tonsillitis and glandular fever, to the point of when I next get it my tonsils are coming out. :woo:

I've been told by numerous doctors and nurses that glandular fever is highly contagious, hence why its common in students as there's close contact, drink sharing, confined spaces and unhygenic living conditions.

You don't always catch it from people and not always from kissing. If this were the case, my boyfriend would be super suspicious! If you're genuinely concerned, bring it up with your girlfriend, ask her to be honest. Talk to her and tell her your concerns. Do you not trust her? If she hasn't done anything wrong she should happily tell you this and support you whilst your ill and beyond!

I know it's tricky but try not to jump to conclusions! I hope you get better soon! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    There is absolutely no proof whatsoever that your girlfriend is cheating or has ever cheated on you.

ReputationRep:
    aka kissing disease

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.