Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Or whether to do them at all.

This year I'm doing (all higher) Maths, English, Chemistry, Physics and Geography. I'm predicted 5 As. Providing I study and perform in exams I should be able to get this.

My school's careers advisers are awful. I made an appointment and they never even showed up.

The main problem is I don't know what I want to do with my life. I considering Law but also more science based courses which makes things difficult.

I don't know which or if any AHs to do. I could pick up some more highers.

Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    difficult to advise you on subjects when you aren't sure what you wish to apply for at university. if you wish to apply to english universities it would be important you do 3 AHs.

perhaps try and keep your options open by doing science and subjects which would look good on a law application. AH English, Higher History/Modern Studies and your favourite science at AH? and AH Maths if you don't mind a heavy workload.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lulope)
    Or whether to do them at all.

This year I'm doing (all higher) Maths, English, Chemistry, Physics and Geography. I'm predicted 5 As. Providing I study and perform in exams I should be able to get this.

The main problem is I don't know what I want to do with my life. I considering Law but also more science based courses which makes things difficult.

I don't know which or if any AHs to do. I could pick up some more highers.

Any advice?
    For Law, I'd go with AH English but you can still take a AH Science too. You're better picking the ones you enjoy the most.

Some unis enable you to study three different subjects in the first year so if you don't enjoy what you originally applied for you can sometimes change your degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LAURA459)
    For Law, I'd go with AH English but you can still take a AH Science too. You're better picking the ones you enjoy the most.

Some unis enable you to study three different subjects in the first year so if you don't enjoy what you originally applied for you can sometimes change your degree.
    Not in an LLB.
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Hey, I changed my mind like a million times my teacher was sick of me lol, but if you can I reccomend Crashing AH moddies, really really good for Law, not harder at all than higher -or so I'm told- it's all about the legal system and prisons and such so again very useful, but I know not all schools offer it. But crash highers are just as good as AH to alot of Scottish unis
    xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pamelaa)
    Not in an LLB.
    I know. I just meant if they choose to do a science course they probably could.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eyes)
    That isn't true, I was looking at a uni in England and it said it would accept people from 5th year but only if they got 5As. Though most (or at least the more presigious ones) ask for some Advanced Highers.

Oh, and nice choices (UCAS).
    i don't think theres too many that accept highers alone. the majority i have seen want at least 2 good AHs with good highers. some definetely want 3AHs so it is definetely clever to go with 3AHs if your interested in english unis.

cheers. are you in 6th year? if so what are you applying for and where?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eyes)
    I'm not interested in English unis. I'm applying for Geography at Glasgow, St Andrews and Edinburgh. :yep:
    If I were you I'd do more highers, then maybe advanced higher geo. If you've already got the grades.
    edit: sorry, thought you were the op!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.