Turn on thread page Beta

If society says abortion is a normal part of life, then women will be guilt free? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    For me, personally, yes. I see it as murder, and unforgivable, as I consider human life to begin at conception.
    In the same way that I wouldn't have anything to do with an adult who killed another adult, I wouldn't have anything to do with an adult who killed an unborn baby.
    Okay. I understand that, thanks for replying.

ReputationRep:
    i would never feel guilty about having an abortion as it is the right choice for me and i dont want kids, would rather have an abortion than have a kid i dont want

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UGeNe)
    I just moved from a North American city of 6 million to a European country of only 800,000 people.

Abortion here is very much a taboo subject. It is not a normal part of life here that's for sure.
    How does that relate to what I said? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    It is a normal part of existence and always has been.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Walkin'Butterfly)
    This...y'know, people seem to think that women just pop along to a clinic all smiles and when it's done, down to the pub, forget about it.

It's the hardest decision to ever make
    I know, right? I hate that. I think it's why many blokes get so uppity about its being the woman's decision, and have this, "oh, she should just get an abortion" attitude. Also, a lot of people have this idea that women "just use abortion as contraception," when I would wager that VERY few women actually do this. And after the first time I doubt many would do it again ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelkin)
    I know, right? I hate that. I think it's why many blokes get so uppity about its being the woman's decision, and have this, "oh, she should just get an abortion" attitude. Also, a lot of people have this idea that women "just use abortion as contraception," when I would wager that VERY few women actually do this. And after the first time I doubt many would do it again ...
    Maybe if they didn't get the abortion they wouldn't feel bad about it?

ReputationRep:
    For me, personally, yes. I see it as murder, and unforgivable, as I consider human life to begin at conception.
    In the same way that I wouldn't have anything to do with an adult who killed another adult, I wouldn't have anything to do with an adult who killed an unborn baby.
    What about if a woman is raped and gets pregnant, would you think it was OK for them to have an abortion? (This is a genuine question, I'm just interested in what peoples opinions are on this topic)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Walkin'Butterfly)
    This...y'know, people seem to think that women just pop along to a clinic all smiles and when it's done, down to the pub, forget about it.

It's the hardest decision to ever make
    I honestly doubt I'd find it hard. And I probably would smile when it was over. Why the hell not?

(Original post by Jelkin)
    Well, I hate the attitude that it MUST be a terribly difficult decision, and that women should and do always feel guilty, or that it's a necessary evil. There's no reason it has to be difficult and there's no reason women should feel guilty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuppie20)
    Maybe if they didn't get the abortion they wouldn't feel bad about it?
    Yeah, then they're stuck with a baby they don't want? You don't always do things because they feel good. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    i would never feel guilty about having an abortion as it is the right choice for me and i dont want kids, would rather have an abortion than have a kid i dont want
    I agree with this, however, maybe for a few moments there will be a slight feeling of guilt.

ReputationRep:
    Leaving without giving me an answer? Yep, you're one intelligent SOB
    You were actually arguing that ****s or rape victims were the only people considering abortion or have had abortions. I doubt my arguments in this thread are going to get partiuclarly far with you in a mindset like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nolongerhearthemusic)
    I honestly doubt I'd find it hard. And I probably would smile when it was over. Why the hell not?
    Well of course everyone reacts differently, but I would find it quite harrowing tbh and I'm not even that maternal.

I just object to this idea that women take the abortion decision lightly - its simply not true.

ReputationRep:
    If I had an abortion I wouldn't feel guilty, but I would still feel sad at having lost a baby (mother instincts or whatever) whether society was cool with it or not.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    They should flush the baby right down the drain then? because **** wants to carry on sleeping around and snorting coke.
    Surely such a lifestyle is a reason FOR allowing abortions? You really want this baby to come into a life like that?

ReputationRep:
    They should flush the baby right down the drain then? because **** wants to carry on sleeping around and snorting coke.
    Why can only ****s get pregnant. Is there some kind of magical force field that stops people who only have one sexual partner from getting pregnant if contraception is forgotten?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nolongerhearthemusic)

i would be the same, in fact i might even go to the pub for a few pints, why the hell not i would be celebrating after all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinkerz)
    You were actually arguing that ****s or rape victims were the only people considering abortion or have had abortions. I doubt my arguments in this thread are going to get partiuclarly far with you in a mindset like that.
    Probably not sadly. Because we all know contraception never fails, babies never have medical problems so severe they won't make it past birth and pregnancy never endangers the life of both mother and child.

ReputationRep:
    just to point out, the law and science disagree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennifer_l85)
    What about if a woman is raped and gets pregnant, would you think it was OK for them to have an abortion? (This is a genuine question, I'm just interested in what peoples opinions are on this topic)
    Personally, no. I know it must be incredibly painful/traumatising to continue a pregnancy that is the result of rape, but I still value the life above all else, and believe that a woman should go through the nine-month pregnancy and then either keep the baby if she feels able to, or put it up for adoption so that it still gets a life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slazenger)
    just to point out, the law and science disagree.
    Pardon?

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.