Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If society says abortion is a normal part of life, then women will be guilt free? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    Don't try to interfere with God's will.
    Is that a joke? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blinkbelle)
    Is that a joke? :confused:
    no:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UGeNe)
    I don't know about you guys and gals, but I refuse to accept that abortion is somehow a normal part of our existence.
    Well accept it because it is. If you look at the minisqual number of abortions to the number of, say, tadpoles who do not survive to grow into frogs.
    You will argue that human life is not comparable to tadpoles. And I would agree - However I think you need to rethink what a fetus actuly is...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casse)
    You have to be joking. An abortion is basically a form of murder. That foetus will turn into a full human and therefore killing it is hideous. It has nothing to do with dependancy. I don't see how a woman can have an abortion and live with themselves afterwards. Hopefully it comes and bites them back when in 5 years they realise they are infertile.

Secondly, pro-abortion activists claim that abortion is a woman's right. It is not a right and should not be legal.
    I think you need to calm down!

Its not 'pro-abortion' it's 'pro-choice' - because its my body and I have the right to chose what goes in it.

Its not murder.

When do the cells become a 'child'/'human' whatever?

ReputationRep:
    What about women who don't find out they're pregnant until there more than 12-16 weeks gone? And also, you do realise that the vast majority of women who have late term abortions are those with health complications or those who have been raped?
    Yes but I don't think past 21 weeks abortions should be allowed.
    If they don't want it then fine but there are babies born at 21 weeks who survie. I read in a newpaper about a woman who was raped having an abortion at 30 weeks because of speical circumstances. How is that not sick.

In Jersey and several American States these are the limits, if you find out later and you don't want the child putting up for adoption.
    I know 12-16 might seem early but the limit needs to be before 21 weeks.
    And by 16 weeks the baby starts to kick and has eyebrows and eyelashes. Personally, I can't understand why any woman could abort at that point.

Like I said this is just how i feel, i'm not saying i'm right.

ReputationRep:
    no:confused:
    You shouldnt force your belifes on others unless you have proof of what you belive.

ReputationRep:
    I think you need to calm down!

Its not 'pro-abortion' it's 'pro-choice' - because its my body and I have the right to chose what goes in it.

Its not murder.

When do the cells become a 'child'/'human' whatever?
    Oh yeah because that's a valid argument.
    I bet you're one of those sickos who has sex outside of marriage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :))
    You shouldnt force your belifes on others unless you have proof of what you belive.
    Ever heard of the bible.

ReputationRep:
    Ever heard of the bible.
    Save it unless you have any evidence what-so ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle_McD)
    Yes but I don't think past 21 weeks abortions should be allowed.
    If they don't want it then fine but there are babies born at 21 weeks who survie. I read in a newpaper about a woman who was raped having an abortion at 30 weeks because of speical circumstances. How is that not sick.
    Its not sick because she had a very very real reason for her decision. I imagine giving birth to a child from rape involuntarily is possibly one of the most harrowing, horrific things a woman could possibly go through. There were obviously reasons for allowing her to do so - she may have been suicidal if not and surely her life > the foetus'?

Oh yeah because that's a valid argument.
    I bet you're one of those sickos who has sex outside of marriage.
    Haha yeah I am. Speaking of sex - a foetus is a bunch of cells much like a penis is (in some stages of pregnancy, I bet a penis has more cells than a foetus) so do you object to me removing a penis from inside me, as you do removing a foetus? Is that murder?

ReputationRep:
    I bet Jesus didn't have unprotected sex.

Let me check the Bible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nolongerhearthemusic)
    That's not what happens though. If you've already ovulated the MAP won't help you much, unless it prevents implantation which Wikipedia (which is sourced, btw) says it may only sometimes or never really do. You know taking the MAP isn't a guarantee of not getting pregnant, right?
    Yes, but 92% or whatever the effectiveness is doesnt sound like "chance" or whatever you want to call it.

ReputationRep:
    Its not sick because she had a very very real reason for her decision. I imagine giving birth to a child from rape involuntarily is possibly one of the most harrowing, horrific things a woman could possibly go through. There were obviously reasons for allowing her to do so - she may have been suicidal if not and surely her life > the foetus'?

Haha yeah I am. Speaking of sex - a foetus is a bunch of cells much like a penis is (in some stages of pregnancy, I bet a penis has more cells than a foetus) so do you object to me removing a penis from inside me, as you do removing a foetus? Is that murder?
    The penis isn't sustained by you, although you could argue it's form is it's form isn't what we're debating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UGeNe)

Let me check the Bible.
    No but Mary did - with God! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :))
    Save it unless you have any evidence what-so ever.
    http://conservapedia.com/The_Bible

I bet you're one of those people who proves things with facts:rolleyes: .
    No idea about faith do you, go figure.

You can 'prove' anything with 'facts'

ReputationRep:
    The penis isn't sustained by you, although you could argue it's form is it's form isn't what we're debating.
    I was being a teensy bit silly when I made that analogy... :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UGeNe)

Let me check the Bible.
    He didnt have protected sex either.........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riderz)
    Yes, but 92% or whatever the effectiveness is doesnt sound like "chance" or whatever you want to call it.
    what?

ReputationRep:
    If she is suicidal work out some thing where she has a C-section at 30 or 32 weeks and put it up for adoption. It is a child at that point. He or she could surive outside the womb with life support in many cases.
    You my think I'm a terrible person for saying this but I don't think being raped gives you the right to basically kill something that was so close to life, and could have had a good life.

ReputationRep:
    http://conservapedia.com/The_Bible

I bet you're one of those people who proves things with facts:rolleyes: .
    No idea about faith do you, go figure.

You can 'prove' anything with 'facts'
    Lol, ok you got me :p:
    I really thought you were being real there, gullable me :o:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.