The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
No I agree a woman should have the right, but just I think that the limit should be reduced.
Reply 121
Elle_McD
No I don't think that having an abortion, if the foetus could live a good and happy life, at such a late stage is fair. At 30 weeks is basically to me is a baby. If the baby has something like anencephaly or similar problems that is different.
I just think that the human life is really important.
And yea I know they have rules like two doctors but there are people in my area who are like 20 and have 4 abortions, that is not right.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1238612/Girls-using-abortion-birth-control.html

You almost got the numbers right...its 4 abortions before the age of 18
No, we're just friends.
Eghhhhh I must be really tiered because it took me all the time the link to load before I got the joke...:top2:
Um he is the Lord of everything.
Elle_McD
No I agree a woman should have the right, but just I think that the limit should be reduced.

Fair enough. I gues it depends on your view point. I mean, my twin brother died at 36 weeks and I still think of him as a baby/person :confused: . Difficult topic.
Reply 126
Much fighting for all kinds of rights, then what about the right of a conceiving life? Heck we even care about the turtles and snakes and whatever.
Reply 127
I meant the right of the fœtus!
theBOON
I meant the right of the fœtus!

The foetus doesn't conceive, the parents conceive.
Reply 129
Unless you have or someone very close to you has had to go through the choice of having an abortion or not, then I dont think you can even comment on whether its right or wrong.
Lauren__x
Unless you have or someone very close to you has had to go through the choice of having an abortion or not, then I dont think you can even comment on whether its right or wrong.

True, but I'm not keen on the whole self-righteous attitude of so-and-so who's sister had an abortion in 1991, either.
Reply 131
missygeorgia
The foetus doesn't conceive, the parents conceive.

Thanks for the heads up!
Reply 132
Lauren__x

Thats very stupid. Its like saying:

Unless you have or someone very close to you has had to go through rape, then I dont think you can even comment on it.

or

Unless you have or someone very close to you has had to go through murder, then I dont think you can even comment on it.
I should hope not, abortion is killing innocent babies - you can't do that just because you want to. Unjustified killing except in cases of rape, failed contraception (before a period of three weeks), and debilitating birth defects or high chances of maternal death even with a Caesarian section. In typical circumstances, I think abortion should be illegal after a month.

I don't think pregnancy should be a reversible decision. Of course, there are mistakes. Yet in normal circumstances, I think 4 weeks is enough for most sensible women to perform a pregnancy test and get an emergency abortion.
Unborn humans are not their mother's property. Their lives should only ever be ended in the name of mercy or justice.
Reply 134
cpj1987
For me, personally, yes. I see it as murder, and unforgivable, as I consider human life to begin at conception.
In the same way that I wouldn't have anything to do with an adult who killed another adult, I wouldn't have anything to do with an adult who killed an unborn baby.

But you can't say that. Most women who have had abortions don't exactly go around shouting it from the rooftops so you wouldn't know. Heck, I'm 99% sure you will know someone who has had an abortion without you being aware of it.
Reply 135
SpamBa
But you can't say that. Most women who have had abortions don't exactly go around shouting it from the rooftops so you wouldn't know. Heck, I'm 99% sure you will know someone who has had an abortion without you being aware of it.

As I've stated in the first page, if anyone I know has had an abortion, I don't want to know about it. OTHERWISE, I wouldn't 'know' them any more.
Reply 136
Casse
Thats very stupid. Its like saying:

Unless you have or someone very close to you has had to go through rape, then I dont think you can even comment on it.

or

Unless you have or someone very close to you has had to go through murder, then I dont think you can even comment on it.

Well unless you or someone very close to you has gone through rape you'll never know enough about how you'd feel because its never affected your life in anyway. Its the same with abortions, if your life has never been affected by one, you have no idea how it feels or what people have to go through so how can you choose if its right or wrong or how easy or hard it is.
Reply 137
chebanana
True, but I'm not keen on the whole self-righteous attitude of so-and-so who's sister had an abortion in 1991, either.

I meant someone very close, like immediate family not some randomers 10 people down the line lol.
Reply 138
Lauren__x
Well unless you or someone very close to you has gone through rape you'll never know enough about how you'd feel because its never affected your life in anyway. Its the same with abortions, if your life has never been affected by one, you have no idea how it feels or what people have to go through so how can you choose if its right or wrong or how easy or hard it is.

So you want to exclude half of humanity from this debate?

How would that work out?
A woman's pregnancy as a result of rape is a horribly traumatic that she has to live with and endure. Though the fact a lot of pro-choice arguments are based on this means that it's a terrible price to pay. Allowing abortion easily may help the trauma of those women but the price payed is that will make more irresponsibility on most people's part.

We should be careful about how we use contraception and understand that sex can come with consequence that we have to accept.

I know someone who had slept with three different men within the space of a few weeks. She fell pregnant and without her boyfriend knowing she had an abortion. She was irresponsible and stupid. This makes abortion seem a casual thing. That's not right. It's also an insult to women who are raped, the abortion bill was designed to protect them from the terrible results of pregnancy as a result of rape, not for irresponsible women to have casual flings and abort.

Women who are incapable of bearing a child emotionally should have thought about this before and they should feel guilty if they have an abortion.

Latest

Trending

Trending