Turn on thread page Beta

If society says abortion is a normal part of life, then women will be guilt free? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UGeNe)
    So you want to exclude half of humanity from this debate?

How would that work out?
    How am I excluding half of humanity?:lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren__x)
    He means because you said you only have the right to judge if you go through the experience, and obviously only women can get pregnant and therefore have an abortion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren__x)
    You are assuming that a person will have to experience something in order to make a judgment on that issue. But that is not the case. I don't need to have experience of murder, rape, narcotics and many other things to say they are wrong. Similarly in the case of abortion, I don't need to have first-hand experience to make a judgment on it.

However i do aknowldge there may be cases when abortion should be allowed such as: when the life of mother is at greater risk to continue with pregnancy and in the case of rape.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casse)
    You are assuming that a person will have to experience something in order to make a judgment on that issue. But that is not the case. I don't need to have experience of murder, rape, narcotics and many other things to say they are wrong. Similarly in the case of abortion, I don't need to have first-hand experience to make a judgment on it.

However i do aknowldge there may be cases when abortion should be allowed such as: when the life of mother is at greater risk to continue with pregnancy and in the case of rape.
    Yes, you can make a judgment but you need experience to understand how it truely affects a person and to fully understand how and why they make the decisions they do. No one can understand how difficult the decision is until theyve been through it [people are saying its so hard or so casual and easy].

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    I don't think pregnancy should be a reversible decision. Of course, there are mistakes. Yet in normal circumstances, I think 4 weeks is enough for most sensible women to perform a pregnancy test and get an emergency abortion.
    Unborn humans are not their mother's property. Their lives should only ever be ended in the name of mercy or justice.
    That's ridiculous!
    Most women have no idea they're pregnant after a month.

ReputationRep:
    It's their decision at the end of the day. But, I'm sure none of those women will ever forget.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blinkbelle)
    That's ridiculous!
    Most women have no idea they're pregnant after a month.
    Then it should be highly recommended, perform a pregnancy test at least every month whenever you're sexually active.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpamBa)
    Even if it was your mother, your sister, your lifelong friend? I find that horrendous.
    I agree. I just don't understand how you could desert someone for making a choice that they have every right to make? And please, abortion will never, under any circumstances, be the same as murder.

ReputationRep:
    Then it should be highly recommended, perform a pregnancy test at least every month whenever you're sexually active.
    Ah the signs that someone's argument just-fell-flat.

ReputationRep:
    There can never be a clear conscience as long as you have your genes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    Oh, I'm in love. :sexface:
    Please elaborate.

ReputationRep:
    Please elaborate.
    Here is your problem, I never use that emote.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UGeNe)
    I don't know about you guys and gals, but I refuse to accept that abortion is somehow a normal part of our existence.

Women who have abortions want to have a clean conscience and the Pro-Choice Movement wants to convince society that we should not care about an incomplete pregnancy.

I never talk about this issue to people who are close to me. I don't want a major divisive issue like this one to come between us.
    High Five and a rep to you

ReputationRep:
    Here is your problem, I never use that emote.
    You don't?

Anyhow, making a recommendation does not ruin my argument.

ReputationRep:
    You don't?

Anyhow, making a recommendation does not ruin my argument.
    Making a prescription to society that seems currently impossible to implement, however, does.

ReputationRep:
    I am not religious at all. But i believe in individual rights. Including those of children who have developed sentience in the womb. The mother does not have the right to kill that child just because it is inconvenient.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle_McD)
    I think getting an abortion is fair to easy in the UK and too many young people just think "oh well if i/she gets pregnant just have an abortion."
    The system needs to be more regulated.
    I agree abortions need to be avalible but with much stricter rules.
    Also abortions at 24 weeks is sick in my opinion.

I would like to say this is just my opinion so don't have a go at me for it.
    Abortions at 24 weeks are generally only carried out if the fetus has some sort of abnormality and the baby won't have any kind of standard of living. Or if going ahead with the pregnancy is going to have serious health problems for the mother. In which case I think an abortion is justified.
    I agree that they shouldn't just be done that late because the mother decides she doesn't want that child.

ReputationRep:
    Making a prescription to society that seems currently impossible to implement, however, does.
    Not really, it's up to women to double check contraception. I think a period of one month is a fair gap between any accidental conception and a cut-off period for abortion for most unwanted pregnancies, even if life begins at conception.

ReputationRep:
    Intransigent thinkers who have an "abortion is always wrong even in rape" are so debating from the comfort of their arm chairs.
    In both Bosnia and Rwanda, women and children as young as 11 were raped and impregnated as part of a deliberate strategy on the part of the militias to humiliate but also create a new ethnic population.
    How can you tell such a child of 11 who has been so traumatised that their needs are second to that of this undeveloped foetus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hay.hay)
    Abortions at 24 weeks are generally only carried out if the fetus has some sort of abnormality and the baby won't have any kind of standard of living. Or if going ahead with the pregnancy is going to have serious health problems for the mother. In which case I think an abortion is justified.
    I agree that they shouldn't just be done that late because the mother decides she doesn't want that child.
    Or, if IT happens to be a SHE. China.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.