Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://www.gigwise.com/news/54196/Ca...-As-A-Religion

Biff Byford of Saxon is starting a campain with Metal Hammer to get metalheads to unite for the census next year. When it comes around they want people to put down their religion as, "Metal". It happened last time when "Jedi" became the 4th largest religion in the UK.

What do you think of this? Anyone up for it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in! :headbang:

ReputationRep:
    Let's be honest so that the government knows what an irreligious bunch we are. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    I'm in! :headbang:
    I'll see you there

ReputationRep:
    As long as our symbol is more forward thinking than an inverted cross and Metallica aren't the face of it, then sign me up :bl:

ReputationRep:
    No.

I subscribe to The Holy Church of Dawkins.

ReputationRep:
    as long as you make some rules and stuff then it could actually work remeber the government banned jedi !!! becaus they had no like rules

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaniLou17)
    as long as you make some rules and stuff then it could actually work remeber the government banned jedi !!! becaus they had no like rules
    The Jedi code gives the rules -

" Jedi are the guardians of peace in the galaxy.
    Jedi use their powers to defend and to protect.
    Jedi respect all life, in any form.
    Jedi serve others rather than ruling over them, for the good of the galaxy.
    Jedi seek to improve themselves through knowledge and training. "

:starwars:

ReputationRep:
    Rule 1: Love Thy Metal, worship no other genre
    Rule 2: Do not watch American Idol / XFactor / BGT (unless it's for lulz)
    Rule 3: Do not besmirch the name of Metal
    Rule 4: Keep the Metal Evil.
    Rule 5: Honour the parents of Metal, such as Led Zeppelin
    Rule 6: Do not murder
    Rule 7: Do not commit adultery with another genre (listening is perfectly acceptable)
    Rule 8: Do not steal the Metal (and if you download, make sure you buy some bloody merch at the gig!)
    Rule 9: Do not lie to yourself. You know Metal is good for you.
    Rule 10: Do not covet the riffs of others. That's plagiarism!

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why it can't be a religion. If a really commited Christian shows that dedication by wearing a cross, why shouldn't a metal fan be allowed the same freedom to show their commitment to metal? There's this kind of arbitrary non-written rule that belief in something supernatural trumps everything else. Why should a metal fan's love for metal be any less important than a Christian's love for Jesus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude Where's My Username)
    As long as our symbol is more forward thinking than an inverted cross and Metallica aren't the face of it, then sign me up :bl:
    Damn, we're a divided church already, I was about to post about Metallica being the prophets of Metal sounds like a good idea for the census anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl)
    Damn, we're a divided church already, I was about to post about Metallica being the prophets of Metal sounds like a good idea for the census anyway.
    It's not about any one band. It's about the whole scene. If you try and elect a leading band then everyone's going to get arsey and it's competely unnessacary.

I think it's a great idea personally. Glad to see others are up for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Rule 1: Love Thy Metal, worship no other genre
    Rule 2: Do not watch American Idol / XFactor / BGT
    Rule 3: Do not besmirch the name of Metal
    Rule 4: Keep the Metal Evil.
    Rule 5: Honour the parents of Metal, such as Led Zeppelin
    Rule 6: Do not murder
    Rule 7: Do not commit adultery with another genre (listening is perfectly acceptable)
    Rule 8: Do not steal the Metal (and if you download, make sure you buy some bloody merch at the gig!)
    Rule 9: Do not lie to yourself. You know Metal is good for you.
    Rule 10: Do not covet the riffs of others. That's plagiarism!
    Are we allowed to watch it for the lulz? There really are tremendous lulz.

Also, this reminds of the Jack Black song The Metal.

Also number 5. Because that's just good sense!

I was actually going to put Pastafarian on the census, but I may have to change my mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Batmaz)
    Are we allowed to watch it for the lulz? There really are tremendous lulz.

Also, this reminds of the Jack Black song The Metal.

Also number 5. Because that's just good sense!

I was actually going to put Pastafarian on the census, but I may have to change my mind.
    As good as Pastafarian is. Go for metal :p:

ReputationRep:
    We could do that. Or we could all declare ourselves as Satanists*. That would be pretty funny too.

*I am in no way associating Metal with Satanism, I just think it would be amusing if Satanism became a recognised religion within the UK :lol:

...It isn't, is it?

ReputationRep:
    Headlines in the year 2500 will be along the lines of:

'Metalhead stronghold in the North takes severe shelling from rebel R n' B seperatists...'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Long Haired Teen)
    It's not about any one band. It's about the whole scene. If you try and elect a leading band then everyone's going to get arsey and it's competely unnessacary.

I think it's a great idea personally. Glad to see others are up for it
    I was only joking! Of course it's not all about one band!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'm_Unsafe.)
    We could do that. Or we could all declare ourselves as Satanists*. That would be pretty funny too.

*I am in no way associating Metal with Satanism, I just think it would be amusing if Satanism became a recognised religion within the UK :lol:

...It isn't, is it?
    I think it already is. I know there was something about a Navy officer a while back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'm_Unsafe.)

...It isn't, is it?
    I'm pretty sure Satanism is a recognised religion. The biggest form of Satanism isn't really what you'd think. It's kind of an anti-Christianity religion but they don't actually worship the devil. It's actually a form of nature worship. Satan refers to nature in general, rather than a horny, red, beardy bloke that lives underground.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl)
    I was only joking! Of course it's not all about one band!
    I know :p: Trobule is peole will prob try it for real. There was an article about it http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/th...nsus-campaign/ Lets prove 'em all wrong eh :headbang:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.