Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Its just as valid as any other religion!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    As for a leading band, we'vve all got our favourites, right?
    I'd want to elect Amon Amarth or Ensiferum, but I bet 'tallica sheep fans would outvote me.

Amon Amarth has my vote

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude Where's My Username)
    • Why do fans of the big four 80's thrash bands have such apathy for more modern popular good metal bands like Trivium and Avenged Sevenfold?

[...]
    We don't really need a religion, because it already is one. We just need the "elite" to stop trying to kill metal.
    Speaking of A7X, I was so heartbroken when the Rev died. He was taken too soon.

I wouldn't say metal was a religion because it doesn't have any supernatural/paranormal angle to it at all. Which I will admit is a good thing, all of that is a load of crap, but that kinda makes religion what it is. It's a way of life, but I reckon it's independent of any kind of faith.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Batmaz)
    I wouldn't say metal was a religion because it doesn't have any supernatural/paranormal angle to it at all. Which I will admit is a good thing, all of that is a load of crap, but that kinda makes religion what it is. It's a way of life, but I reckon it's independent of any kind of faith.
    Neither does Satanism according to the video posted earlier, but that still counts as a religion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Rule 1: Love Thy Metal, worship no other genre
    Rule 2: Do not watch American Idol / XFactor / BGT (unless it's for lulz)
    Rule 3: Do not besmirch the name of Metal
    Rule 4: Keep the Metal Evil.
    Rule 5: Honour the parents of Metal, such as Led Zeppelin
    Rule 6: Do not murder
    Rule 7: Do not commit adultery with another genre (listening is perfectly acceptable)
    Rule 8: Do not steal the Metal (and if you download, make sure you buy some bloody merch at the gig!)
    Rule 9: Do not lie to yourself. You know Metal is good for you.
    Rule 10: Do not covet the riffs of others. That's plagiarism!

What are we waiting for!! Lets march to the gates of hell!!
    :mob:

By hell I mean parliment...

:mwuaha: :headbang: :devil3: :fuhrer: :thrasher: :rock: :evil:

Metal is for the chosen ones. Your ten commandments kick ass!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xmeeegsx)
    :woo: anyone headin to any festivals this year? ive got a couple in mind,but spotted any guddens?
    Sonisphere would be awesome. I hear Maiden are playing, amongst others...

ReputationRep:
    Definitely like this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude Where's My Username)
    Metal kinda already is a religion though isn't it? I mean people base their lives on it. it has it's own sub-culture, beliefs, styles, lifestyles. Mainstream cultutre by and large have apathy for metal and it's fans, yet 50+ years after it's inception (I know the Gothic sub-culture has been around for a few centuries) we're still here and I think getting bigger.

Only thing we really need is for the in-house back biting and elite douchebaggary to stop;

• Why do Black Metal fans hate Abigail Williams/Cradle Of Filth/any BM band which has a well produced album?
    • Why do Death metal fans hate Deathcore fans?
    • Why do fans of the big four 80's thrash bands have such apathy for more modern popular good metal bands like Trivium and Avenged Sevenfold?
    • Why the hate for "Emo's"?

We don't really need a religion, because it already is one. We just need the "elite" to stop trying to kill metal.
    I agree but there are a lot of people who get into it just to be part of a clique.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.