Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Interview at Oxford Brookes for Learning Disability Nursing course...help! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,

I'm hoping to become a 'mature' student at Oxford Brookes studying Learning Disability Nursing (at diploma level) and I have an interview and short group discussion there in a couple of weeks.

I'm just a bit scared about it! I don't really know what to expect :confused: I understand that they will probably want to know why I want to be an LD nurse, what I think it entails, my qualities, experience etc but I was just wondering if anyone who has had an interview (there or elsewhere) for this course could shed a bit more light on what to expect.

This really means a lot to me, so I'd really appreciate your help!!!

Thanks

Rosie x

ReputationRep:
    Well the nerves have settled now it's sunk in, I'm just more determined than anything else now!

I was just wondering why there were no responses to this when the forums are generally pretty active. Is it that there aren't many LD people here or did Brookes put you off? lol

ReputationRep:
    you'll get more luck here

www.studentnurse.org.uk

just click on 'forum'

ReputationRep:
    hi,
    I had one before christmas and it really is ok, in the group discussion you mainly talk about the course and you are able to ask questions about it. Then the interview is not bad either, they ask about why you want to do it, experience etc. the one question that i was thrown about was 'what does learning disability mean to you?' But other wise, it doesnt really feel like an interview

Rebecca

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebecca18)
    hi,
    I had one before christmas and it really is ok, in the group discussion you mainly talk about the course and you are able to ask questions about it. Then the interview is not bad either, they ask about why you want to do it, experience etc. the one question that i was thrown about was 'what does learning disability mean to you?' But other wise, it doesnt really feel like an interview

Rebecca
    Thank you. My interview's tomorrow and surprisingly I'm not freaking out any more...just feeling excited. I'll probably be a ball of nerves tomorrow though :woo:

Cheers all for your support!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.