Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Haiti Tribute Song (Amazing) watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvN4DCfJ2U4

Seriously, probably one of the best songs I've heard in a long time. Lupe's singing and rapping is excellent on this. There making a mixtape that is being given away for free with many artists featured: Linkin Park, Dave Matthews Band, Peter Gabriel, Alanis Morissette, Slash,
    The All-American Rejects, Hoobastank, Kenna, Enrique Iglesias and Lupe Fiasco. They are giving it away for free in hope that you will donate.

But yeah anyway this song is amazing.

ReputationRep:
    Produced by Mike Shinoda so no surprise it's awesome :cool:
    Good tribute song, better than the kind of bull**** Cowell brings/will bring out. The one he's got planned is going to suck, if it wasn't for such a good cause I would have wished it flops.

This song is truly great though :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Oh lawdy that's bad.

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow, that was bad. Here's a real song about Haiti.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talking_Head)
    Arcade Fire :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    Arcade Fire :yep:

I liked that song before, but never paid as much attention to it as I should have before the Haiti earthquake (which made me look up the lyrics to it, which are great).
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    As a song, it was rubbish.
    I appreciate the effort though.
    As for associating Linkin Park with Peter Gabriel...PG is probably the best living lyricist in the world, and a brilliant musician too.

ReputationRep:
    Dont bother OP. The majority of TSR is some kind of pseudo-intellectuall ****** who will automatically pan anything related to hip hop out of some misguided sense of superiority

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tha_Black_Shinobi)
    Dont bother OP. The majority of TSR is some kind of pseudo-intellectuall ****** who will automatically pan anything related to hip hop out of some misguided sense of superiority
    :nod:

Ditto.

ReputationRep:
    Tell me about it :zomg: I was unaware of this.
    Reading the comments I'm quite surprised...I genuinely think the song is great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talking_Head)
    that's ****

ReputationRep:
    Why don't the millions of other people that die, often because of first world exploitative practices get any songs?

Give it a few weeks, people won't give a sh** about Haiti.

ReputationRep:
    I have nothing against hip-hop... I just didn't think it was a very good song.... lolz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by creamegg)
    Why don't the millions of other people that die, often because of first world exploitative practices get any songs?

Give it a few weeks, people won't give a sh** about Haiti.
    Couldn't agree with you more. I find it how pathetic how the world just jumps on the bandwagon and it all becomes a little competition of who makes the biggest donations, who makes the best contribution and in the midst of all of it countries, leaders, celebrities, rich folk get to look good and enhance their status.

There's plenty of problems going on in the world right now that just aren't publicized as much, and ofcourse if donating and making tributes will not gain news headlines it's not really worthwile for the douchebags.

ReputationRep:
    Well that was a bit weird, i'd just been listening to that song on repeat for about an hour when i clicked on this thread...
    But yeah, great song. Especially with the quick turnaround they had to do to get the all songs out. Love the Kenna, Mike Shinoda and Chad Hugo track as well.

http://linkinpark.com/ There's a video on how the project came together on here if anyone's interested.

(Original post by Playboy King)
    Couldn't agree with you more. I find it how pathetic how the world just jumps on the bandwagon
    I agree with you to a point here. It makes me angry when some high profile people like Simon Cowell act the saint at times like this. But at the end of the day most people want to help out a bit, and if there's only a little thing like buying a song i don't see why it's so bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    Couldn't agree with you more. I find it how pathetic how the world just jumps on the bandwagon and it all becomes a little competition of who makes the biggest donations, who makes the best contribution and in the midst of all of it countries, leaders, celebrities, rich folk get to look good and enhance their status.

There's plenty of problems going on in the world right now that just aren't publicized as much, and ofcourse if donating and making tributes will not gain news headlines it's not really worthwile for the douchebags.
    keep talking this **** when you actually DO something to help/alleviate all the less publisized problems that are going on around the world

ReputationRep:
    keep talking this **** when you actually DO something to help/alleviate all the less publisized problems that are going on around the world
    How do you know that I don't? :facepalm:
    That comment was so stupid I don't know how to reply to that. On what grounds did your little mind make the presumption that I don't do something to help the less publicized problems?

ReputationRep:
    Produced by M Shinoda?! holy SHI i need to hear it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.