Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How many hours of revision should I be doing everyday? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My Separate Science exam has been postponed. I was supposed to do it last week Thursday, but they moved it Thursday 28th (next week Thursday). This is a really important exam.
    I also have a spanish exam to revise for which is on Monday, but I find I get really bored when I study and get distracted by Facebook :/

How many hours should I be doing everyday?
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    An hour or two? But spread it out, don't do it all in one.
    and don't do more than three or four, otherwise you'll stop taking it in and it'll just waste time so that you'll have to revise it again. ;}

ReputationRep:
    About 2 or 3 hours, but spread it out.
    But it's really up to you.

ReputationRep:
    its up to you really some people can any take in about and hour or 2 but some can take in six
    im guessing your like me though witht he distracted by facebook i can only do about 2 hours max but with loadsa breaks

ReputationRep:
    As much as you need to.

ReputationRep:
    For GCSE's? About an hour before the exam starts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FutureMedicalDoctor)
    My Separate Science exam has been postponed. I was supposed to do it last week Thursday, but they moved it Thursday 28th (next week Thursday). This is a really important exam.
    I also have a spanish exam to revise for which is on Monday, but I find I get really bored when I study and get distracted by Facebook :/

Thanks.
    Well, if your not at college (eg study leave) 4 or 5 a day. If you are at college still, I would be doing more than 2 or 3.

ReputationRep:
    You could do as many hours as you need. It depends on different things, like do you know most things or do you need to learn them. If you are revising then you need less time than if you are learning new things. Past papers are a very good way of looking at what you know and what you still need to go over.

Good Luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Go to the library and you should study 2/3 hours a day.

ReputationRep:
    Start with ten and if that's not enough increase to fifteen. I would not recommend doing more than 24. If that sounds harsh, try thinking about working ten hours a day in a thankless, minimum wage job for a faceless corporation, but only until your job is "evaluated" and you are made redundant because some HR lady made a mistake in her spreadsheet. :woo:

Now, good luck with your revision!

ReputationRep:

Thanks.
    Have you tried going to a local library?
    I do that when revision is needed because at home there is facebook/a full fridge/tv and games...
    Where as I find because everyone in the library is working or reading it is a better environment to get really stuck in
    all the best

ReputationRep:
    i did 12 hours a day for 2 weeks, and 6 hours a day for 2 weeks before that. Athough im at uni.

(Original post by lexinuk)
    Start with ten and if that's not enough increase to fifteen. I would not recommend doing more than 24. If that sounds harsh, try thinking about working ten hours a day in a thankless, minimum wage job for a faceless corporation, but only until your job is "evaluated" and you are made redundant because some HR lady made a mistake in her spreadsheet. :woo:

Now, good luck with your revision!
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:

Thanks.
    Nah. Well it depends on your subjects, for a subject you find difficult I would spend around 3 hours. An easy one I wouldnt bother until an hour before the exam.

ReputationRep:
    What I used to do (because I got so distracted by facebook and the internet) is half an hour revision, then half an hour break, then repeat this through the whole night. I ended up doing about 3hrs revision altogether, which was still effective and got me good grades, but I could still spend a lot of time on Facebook which was great!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It totally depends on you..
    Dont wear yourself out but do enough that you take in. some people can go through GCSES cramming it in in the last 6 weeks and doing nothing all year before and still get A*'s others can work at it and get B's so it up to you and how good at the subjects you are. you generally know how much revision you need though

ReputationRep:
    mm about 3 hours ??

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.