The Student Room Group

Long lost siblings

I have two half sisters, who i have never met, since their mum and my dad went through a messy divorce before I was born. I have always wanted to meet them, but never had the chance. My dad died a few months ago, not having contacted them, although my stepmother and I desperately wanted him to, for various reasons.
Now I want to contact them, and feel that I have the right to, since my dad is no loner alice to do so. We have a family friend who is still in contact with them, and she says she will pass on a letter to them from me. However, I have no idea really where to start, or what to say. I don't wan't to be coming on too strong or anything.
So, anyone got any advice from a similar situation?
yeah, I have four half siblings (my dad's side) but I have no desire in getting in contact with them (its probably the fact that I already have four other brothers and sisters and that's enough for me :P)

But if you want to get in contact with yours, that's a good thing. I don't think that they will see it as you coming on strong. Just tell them the truth, and say you've always wanted meet them. I know I said I have no desire in contacting mine, but if they contacted me and said they wanted to meet me, I would happily accept :biggrin:
Reply 2
Teao the Cat
I have two half sisters, who i have never met, since their mum and my dad went through a messy divorce before I was born. I have always wanted to meet them, but never had the chance. My dad died a few months ago, not having contacted them, although my stepmother and I desperately wanted him to, for various reasons.
Now I want to contact them, and feel that I have the right to, since my dad is no loner alice to do so. We have a family friend who is still in contact with them, and she says she will pass on a letter to them from me. However, I have no idea really where to start, or what to say. I don't wan't to be coming on too strong or anything.
So, anyone got any advice from a similar situation?

I spoke to my half sister for the 1st time in 12 years in december.
We got parted because my dad said she didnt want to have any contact with me
I got her number through my cousin, but she was very hesistant about giving me her number.
The 1st time i called her, I was so nervous and did not have anything to say. So it was a very brief greeting. Less than two minutes. A week later I called again and she was more open to talk, and said she wished to see me.

In the beginning it will be hard to pick up. Gradually, you'll get more confident and comfortable. The bond between me and my half brother started when I was 13 and he's 10 years older than me.
Just be yourself, there's nothing to be nervous about, not being horrible but she you have never met, you've got nothing to lose

Latest

Trending

Trending