Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sakina101)
    Sorry, have to disagree with you there!
    Fair enough. I think it's easier for a guy to get a girl who's better looking than it is for a girl getting a better looking guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    Fair enough. I think it's easier for a guy to get a girl who's better looking than it is for a girl getting a better looking guy.
    I've noticed that guys get girls that are better looking...when they're $ loaded $.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed that guys get girls that are better looking...when they're $ loaded $.:yep:
    Being a student I wouldn't know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    Being a student I wouldn't know!
    Lol :cute:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    It's true guys will judge girls more on how they look than girls will guys.
    TIGHT JEANS DOUBLE D'S MAKE A MAN GO WOO WOO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)

doesnt look like many people agree with u :P... but i have to say i do

ReputationRep:
    Funny obvs, funny kind of makes them more physically attractive too in a way :yep:

ReputationRep:

Aww poor girl! She's so blind

ReputationRep:
    Funny

ReputationRep:
    id prefer someone who was funny and kind but not that good looking to someone who was totally gorgeous but made you unhappy coz he was boring or nasty.
    obviously both would be nice, but sometimes you can't have everything.

ReputationRep:
    Personality > Looks, to a certain degree.
    Both would be amazing, but it's a rare find.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterflyleg)
    Aww poor girl! She's so blind
    Yah, I don't think she minds, she did marry him after all! :cute:

(Original post by mau5)
    I reckon funny. Girls aren't as bothered about looks as guys are.
    They are Id say more so for me Id say its 70% about looks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    They are Id say more so for me Id say its 70% about looks.
    More so than guys ? No chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Fleur_)
    Ughhh I hate it when people say this!

Personally, I'd take the really good looking guy over the average looking, funny guy any day. I have friends that make me laugh. If the guy I'm attracted to has a good sense of humour then sure, that can be a nice bonus, but I'm really, honestly not that bothered. Looks are far more important. I could never be with a guy who I didn't find physically attractive. And judging by this thread, I'm the only girl that thinks so... (or at least the only one prepared to admit it.) :p:
    I agree, guys generally can get turned on far more easily than girls so girls need a guy who they are physically attracted to. Guys have the potential to be turned on by a very wide selection of girls.

(Original post by mau5)
    More so than guys ? No chance.
    I don't know how guys think but looks are very important to me or I won't get turned on call me shallow:dontknow: The face is most important then the body. A sense of humour is important too.

ReputationRep:
    Lol. These Personality > Looks threads are so repetitive and cliche. They do not represent the real world in any way whatsoever.

The first thing you see when you meet someone is what they look like, not their personality. So Looks > Personality.

It's all ******** really.

Someone's looks are normally representative of who they are as a person. SO when you are attracted to someone it means that you subconsciously think they are sufficiently similar/different to you to be interesting.
    So a naturally handsome guy is likely to be valiant and brave and clever, whereas a guy who obv tries hard with looks will appear vain.
    ugly guys with bad bone structure are not the proper people.

ReputationRep:
    Funny and kind. I think I find 'fit' guys a turn off. Though obviously fit guys can be funny and kind too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph90)
    The first thing you see when you meet someone is what they look like, not their personality. So Looks > Personality.
    Well, for initial attraction obviously personality isn't really visible. Though in a proper relationship looks become less important and personality more as you get to know the person.

Is my opinion. Though it seems people have very different views of this. For me, personality > looks.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.