Turn on thread page Beta

Would you mind being told you are liked by a third party? watch

ReputationRep:
    Got the idea from the other thread going around atm.

Say a guy/girl liked you, but didn't ever tell you. How would you react if one of his/her friends was to come and tell you that the other person liked you and genuinely meant it?

ReputationRep:
    I would be happy to hear that. Someone to make me food.

It's flattering, but I'd rather be told directly. It's happened to me once, and I just ended up getting paranoid because I didn't trust the person who told me.

ReputationRep:
    It depends.

If they were telling me because the other person had asked them to, it would be a bit annoying.

If they were telling me because of their own initiative, it might be interesting - can take away some of the tension of the chase though. :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    i dont think there is anything a matter with that ... some people are just shy thats all, so its nice for friend sto help them out x

ReputationRep:
    Its a bit year 5 in the playground isnt it?

ReputationRep:
    Haha this happened to me! Just after I met my boyfriend in a club, his friend who I already knew told me that my boyfriend 'really liked me' - can't have been a bad thing, almost 3 years on we're still together! xx

ReputationRep:
    sounds like something little kids would do, but i guess it would be better to know!

ReputationRep:
    If she's hot then I'd hit it and quit it.

If not then I would feel extremely awkward because by the sounds of it she is expecting me to approach her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hey TSR)
    Got the idea from the other thread going around atm.

Say a guy/girl liked you, but didn't ever tell you. How would you react if one of his/her friends was to come and tell you that the other person liked you and genuinely meant it?
    Thats kind of like the ideal scenario for all parties involved- there is no embarrassment of direct contact but everybody gets or gets across the info they want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teriaki)
    Thats kind of like the ideal scenario for all parties involved- there is no embarrassment of direct contact but everybody gets or gets across the info they want.
    It really isn't the ideal scenario lol..

ReputationRep:
    It's kinda like those neds that come up to you and go "My mate fancies you will you go out with them?" isn't it? It strikes me as kinda immature.

ReputationRep:
    I would be happy to hear that someone liked me

ReputationRep:
    I'd prefer someone to tell me directly, but it's better than not knowing at all. And it would be easier to ignore the person if you're not being told directly in case you don't feel too flattered...

ReputationRep:
    If it was done like in (500) Days of Summer, then no I wouldn't mind

ReputationRep:
    It would be awkward. I mean, what are you supposed to say to that. If he (the guy who likes me) knows that i know.. and i know that he know's that i know....and i don't like him and then he knows that i don't...... :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    If I were single then yeah, I'd go and giggle about it with my friends and get all flustered.

Unless he was ugly/weird. :sigh:

But from being extremly un-single and in the liked-by-a-creepy-uggo situation, I can tell you it's not good at all. Though it gets a few laughs.

ReputationRep:
    ermmm its generally never leads anywhere so its usually pretty pointless lol and quite awkward if u ever see the person again!

ReputationRep:
    Don't see the problem with it, personally.

ReputationRep:
    Well if they're not confident enough to tell you face-to-face I suppose it's better than via text / internet.
    Dumping someone however, I believe is a totally different story.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.