Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi

i just did biology, chemistry and physics exams (one module of GCSE), and i think i did quite badly on the chemistry. i really want to get an A* on this exam, because that's my predicted grade. I know i can do that, because i did well on the mock, and my chemistry teacher said he'd be surprised if i didnt get that grade. I dont think biology or physics went that badly.

I managed to work out that if i get less than 70% on this module, then it is impossible to get an A* in my final grade. Do you think it is worth resitting if i get below 70%?

thank you

ReputationRep:
    Yes if you want the A* otherwise no

ReputationRep:
    Well, it depends what you want to do in the future. If you plan to continue with Chem then you may want to resit for an A*.

If not (or even you plan to continue it really) an A is still a brilliant result so I wouldn't worry about it. Then again, I don't know what you're like- you may really want an A*. Only you know if you'd be happy with an A or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leto)
    Well, it depends what you want to do in the future. If you plan to continue with Chem then you may want to resit for an A*..

If not (or even you plan to continue it really) an A is still a brilliant result so I wouldn't worry about it. Then again, I don't know what you're like- you may really want an A*. Only you know if you'd be happy with an A or not.

ReputationRep:
    i personally wouldn't bother because your GCSE grades aren't majorly important so there's no point in putting extra pressure on yourself.. just make sure you get good gcses, and then great a levels

ReputationRep:
    sorry about my last post, my computer had a little spasm i meant to say yes, i am planning on continuing with chemstry. I'm planning on doing all three sciences at A level

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiamay)
    sorry about my last post, my computer had a little spasm i meant to say yes, i am planning on continuing with chemstry. I'm planning on doing all three sciences at A level
    Well, plenty of people do Chem with an A at GCSE and go on to get an A at A Level. So it's still rests on whether you'd be happy with an A not an A* at GCSE.

Perhaps you should wait until you get your results back- you never know, you may well have got over 70% anyway

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know if you can resit just one unit of science from gcse whilst in sixth form?
    I was a couple of marks off the next grade boundary from last year so would really like to give it another shot!
    Its aqa seperate science btw

ReputationRep:
    As far as I know, it is not possible just to take one unit once the award has been certified. It is usually possible to carry forward coursework marks though, as long as the specification is still current.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.