Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    don't think it should make any difference. hurry :p:

ReputationRep:
    They won't care if you apply for a Biomed course too.
    And they won't care that you applied at the last minute. Or at least they are supposed to not care.

ReputationRep:
    Go for it, always something to fall back on, good luck

ReputationRep:
    O've heard rumours that places like imperial are more likely to offer you your backup if you apply their for both medicine and biomed/bio etc. Not sure how true that is though, or if it applies to other med schools.

Its unlikely to actually help your application but it probs wont make any difference. Theres no shame in having a backup, it doesn't make you undedicated or anything, just realistic!

ReputationRep:
    No difference, I doubt each respective faculties compare notes on admission.

ReputationRep:
    they wont know unless they ask the course leader ... which i doubt will happen(they have more important things to do).... it does not appear on your ucas form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ballerinabetty)
    they wont know unless they ask the course leader ... which i doubt will happen(they have more important things to do).... it does not appear on your ucas form.
    actually it does appear on the UCAS form. the medics probably wont know if you have added the choice but biomed will know that you've applied ofr medicine and will probably understand where you are coming from

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sd91)
    actually it does appear on the UCAS form. the medics probably wont know if you have added the choice but biomed will know that you've applied ofr medicine and will probably understand where you are coming from
    are you sure?
    see here

ReputationRep:
    are you sure?
    see here
    personal statement will make it a bit bloody obviously.

Oh and I hope you went for Manchester I have an offer for medical biochem from there,they don't care that you applied for medicine.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it should make a difference..

ReputationRep:
    are you sure?
    see here
    yep, on your ucas form the choices would look similar to this when the tutors get it:

Univerity of Manchester A100 Medicine
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    University of Manchester B230 Biomedical Sciences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sd91)

I don't think they do know where else you've applied actually.. i think that information is undisclosed until after they accept or reject you. But yeah, you personal statement will make it a bit obvious, but tbh, a lot of the students applying to do biomed or med sci will have applied to do medicine too, so that wont disadvantage you..
    I applied for medicine and biomed at newcastle and i have an offer for bio, and and interview for medicine, so i dont think it will hinder you application in any way.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sd91)
    yep, on your ucas form the choices would look similar to this when the tutors get it:

Univerity of Manchester A100 Medicine
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    University of Manchester B230 Biomedical Sciences
    just going by what ucas say on their site.

ReputationRep:
    just going by what ucas say on their site.
    i think that ucas statement refers to courses at other universities, where they cannot see the other courses you have put down. the uni only see your other choice if you apply for more than one course at that particular uni like the example i used

ReputationRep:
    My '5th choice' is Lincoln Uni's Certificate in Health Science (Medicine) B790. So effectively, I've applied to 5 medicine courses this year.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.