Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Like the title says...

Just got a rejection email from them. Straight rejection. No numerical or verbal reasoning tests given, no interview no AC nothing. I applied for London Assurance starting in April.

They still have 40% vacancies and even 80% in north London so why would they reject me without even giving me an interview?

I mean the application form doesn't have much space for an application to try and sell themselves so what could I have done wrong?

As for grades I have the 300 UCAS points (no general studies) and graduated in 2009 with a First class honours degree in Economics and Finance.

Anyone got any advice?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Well obviously none of us can tell you exactly what went wrong, because we're not PwC HR people!

However, since they rejected you, having seen nothing but an application form - that tells us that there was probably have been something they didn't like on your application form, besides your A-Level results. Maybe you didn't answer their competency questions as they would have liked you to?

The other possibility is that there are simply too many people applying, and they can't possibly interview them all?

I haven't applied to PwC, so I'm not sure about this - but you might be able to phone them up and get feedback from them?

ReputationRep:
    I know a partner at PWC - he was explaining to me the other day how they have a very clear profile they are looking for in applicants. Clearly you didn't fit this profile, which is why they rejected you without interview. You could try calling them up, or you could just get on with your life and apply elsewhere. Best to look forward - most people have to apply to plenty of firms before they get a job, so just take it on the chin and move on.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.