Turn on thread page Beta

What do you think of girls who wear hair extensions? watch

ReputationRep:
    Just curious for opinions from both males and females. Do you not mind a woman wearing hair extensions to enhance her look, or would you rather her be all natural, short or long hair? I've read the threads where a lot of people don't seem to be into make-up, and I'm wondering if you think the same with hair extensions. My hair is about shoulder length and I do wear extensions sometimes, but I really want my real hair to be long right now, it would be so cool, it's just taking forever . I just wear the extensions while I wait, but I reckon I would be so much happier if my real hair was long. I think extensions look good on other females when it's done well and really natural looking, but if it was her real hair it just seems that much cooler.

ReputationRep:
    As long as it looks natural it's fine.

ReputationRep:
    Quite a few of my friends from back home wear hair extensions - along with fake tan, fake eyelashes, chicken fillets etc.

I don't judge them because they are my friends. But it makes me sad that so many girls are making themselves 'fake'. I value natural beauty. xx

ReputationRep:
    As long as it's natural it usually looks good. Some people wear them too long and it just looks dafttt

ReputationRep:
    Some look really good. Others just look stupid and fake. If they're good quality ones that look like proper hair then there's no worries with it!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think much to be honest. If people want to wear them that's fine by me, whether it looks natural or whether they want brightly coloured ones to wear on nights out.

ReputationRep:
    When they're done really well (ie, like Cheryl Cole's) they look amazing, and I wouldn't know that they were extensions anyway. I don't see the point in tacky, obviously fake extensions though - I've had them myself and they look/feel horrible! But each to their own, I wouldn't necessarily judge the girl for it :dontknow:

Edit: Just to add, really good extensions are also really expensive, require a lot of maintenance, and aren't really an option for most people.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, dunno. I'm not a fan, just seems really tacky and in the case of real hair, really quite gross :dontknow: If it looks natural you can get away with it, as nobody will know anyway, but even where people say "Oh, x's extensions look so natural!" I often find myself thinking, 'Noooo, they look incredibly fake' :p:

ReputationRep:
    Can look good. Did Lily Allen have extensions in The Fear et al? I liked those. I hate Cheryl's though, I mean who has that much hair?! Oh and those pictures are minging that turn up in magazines like Heat where it's a windy day and you can see where they've been plaited in or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    It depends what type.
    I used to wear them when my hair was short.
    But you have to make sure they are real human hair. If it is virgin hair even better.
    And also if they start looking tatty trim the split end and replace/get them rerooted every 8 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Depends how natural they look.

I'm good at spotting extensions,
    and if I can spot them from across a room,
    they should be took out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle_McD)
    It depends what type.
    I used to wear them when my hair was short.
    But you have to make sure they are real human hair. If it is virgin hair even better.
    And also if they start looking tatty trim the split end and replace/get them rerooted every 8 weeks.
    Do i really want to ask what 'virgin hair' is?

ReputationRep:
    cheap extentions look horrible.

ReputationRep:
    theres nothing cool about long hair, mine is almost down to my bum and its quite annoying

it takes 20 mins to wash hours to dry naturally and i cant do anything with it, i only wear it in 3 styles (down, pony tail or two plaits) i cant curl it because its too heavy, i cant wear it up in a clip cause its too thick and heavy sometimes even wearing it up in a pony tail hurts because of the heaviness of it, its a pain in the arse in the summer when its boiling or when its windy

im debating on whether to get it cut to shoulder length or a little longer, think i might go for it tbh

ReputationRep:
    I saw one of my classmates in RS class taking her extensions out and i was literally in :shock:. Mainly because I didn't know they existed and thought to myself "Is she pulling all that hair out?" so I was abit frightened.
    Also seen a Japanese horror film called EXTENSIONS which didn't help if my future partner uses those.

On the other hand I like a girl with all her natural hairs, be it short or long doesnt matter. Also have a thought that extensions are just other people's hair isnt it? tell me if I'm wrong.
    The only situation where I think a girl should use extensions is if she loses hair or recovering from an illness of somesort.

ReputationRep:
    I've just bought 18 inch extensions. :pinch:

ReputationRep:
    I think hair extenstions can look nice but obvs if they look natural, and you can't see the clips or bits where it is attached to your own hair.

i think clip ins are best, thats what i like to wear if i want longer hair but i'll only wear them if they look natural and this is only because my hair is quite thin, so i wore them to thicken my hair out as it was fairly long before but it also gave abit extra length.

i'm thinking of getting some new ones as i tried to dye them when i changed hair colour ( complete fail dont do it!!) as i've got shorter hair now and miss my longer hair, but will only wear them occasionally like i did before.

Also i think they look good with about shoulder length hair as any shorter it looks really obvious due to the short layers of the hair then the sudden long parts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blinkbelle)
    Do i really want to ask what 'virgin hair' is?
    It is just hair that has not been dyed, bleached, permed, straightened. Basically completly undamaged human hair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle_McD)
    It is just hair that has not been dyed, bleached, permed, straightened. Basically completly undamaged human hair.
    Wooow. I have virgin hair

ReputationRep:
    Pretentiousness.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.