The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Lydie
Hi there,
I am thinking of joining the scuba diving club, I love it. I am French and I do it every summer holidays!!! did not know there was a club, could you tell me more? :smile:

Nice one, another diver! Glasgow uni has a sub-aqua club, affilliated to BSAC. Apparently if you have any other qualification than a BSAC one you have to do a weekend conversion course, which is a pain in the hole, but not too bad as they do teach you coldwater techniques. Being on the west coast they do some diving in some amazing places. Here's their weblink:

http://www.gla.ac.uk/clubs/subaqua
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 41
Name: Karen
Subject: Psychology (and Anthropology, hopefully!)
Accomodation: Student Apartments, Kelvinhaugh Street or Buchanan Street Bus Station...

nice to meet you all!

:smile:
Reply 42
scruffs
Nice one, another diver! Glasgow uni has a sub-aqua club, affilliated to BSAC. Apparently if you have any other qualification than a BSAC one you have to do a weekend conversion course, which is a pain in the hole, but not too bad as they do teach you coldwater techniques. Being on the west coast they do some diving in some amazing places. Here's their weblink:

http://www.gla.ac.uk/clubs/subaqua

Thank you so much for the weblink, see you there!! :smile:
Reply 43
Lazy I
Accomodation: Student Apartments, Kelvinhaugh Street or Buchanan Street Bus Station...

nice to meet you all!

Buchanan Street bus station? That's a bit posh- I'm aiming for any roadside shelter that's not already occupied :wink:
Reply 44
Lazy I

nice to meet you all!

Hi Karen, I'm doing psych too...what faculty are you doing it through?
Reply 45
bohogirlie
Hi Karen, I'm doing psych too...what faculty are you doing it through?

hey bohogirilie :smile:
I'm in the Faculty of Science - got in through clearing y'see, and the only psychology UCAS code left was a BSc... Still, i'm fairly happy with that, would probably have preferred to be in Social Science, but beggars can't be choosers :wink:

what other subjects are you hoping to do along w/ psych?

btw, has everyone else going to glasgow pre-registered yet?!
Reply 46
I got QM yesssssss
Reply 47
Lazy I
hey bohogirilie :smile:
I'm in the Faculty of Science - got in through clearing y'see, and the only psychology UCAS code left was a BSc... Still, i'm fairly happy with that, would probably have preferred to be in Social Science, but beggars can't be choosers :wink:

what other subjects are you hoping to do along w/ psych?

btw, has everyone else going to glasgow pre-registered yet?!

Ahhh, i'm in the arts, i couldn't do it through SS or Science as i didn't do any science based subjects!

The other subjects i'm thinking of doing are sociology, philosophy and spanish. Not sure which two yet!

I've pre-registered and i jsut got an email saying they've accepted me into QM!! :biggrin:
Reply 48
bohogirlie
Ahhh, i'm in the arts, i couldn't do it through SS or Science as i didn't do any science based subjects!

The other subjects i'm thinking of doing are sociology, philosophy and spanish. Not sure which two yet!

I've pre-registered and i jsut got an email saying they've accepted me into QM!! :biggrin:

Hey, you see this email, it's such a pain in the arse actually. On the pdf file it says you have to fill out a questionnaire, I can't find it. It says you have to fill out your debit card details, I can only apply for one today now that I know my term time address. I hate bloody forms! Anyway, see you in QM!
Reply 49
jamiepuk17
Hey, you see this email, it's such a pain in the arse actually. On the pdf file it says you have to fill out a questionnaire, I can't find it. It says you have to fill out your debit card details, I can only apply for one today now that I know my term time address. I hate bloody forms! Anyway, see you in QM!

You should get it through the post as well. I got mine yesterday, sent it back today it has to be there by the 30th (tuesday) which didn't leave much time!
Reply 50
bohogirlie
You should get it through the post as well. I got mine yesterday, sent it back today it has to be there by the 30th (tuesday) which didn't leave much time!

Yeah I got mine in the post today but I have to agree, the time limit isn't very generous!
Reply 51
I sent mine recorded delivery just to be sure that it gets there, even if it arrives after tuesday glasgow will have to take it as it was posted on friday.
Reply 52
bohogirlie
I sent mine recorded delivery just to be sure that it gets there, even if it arrives after tuesday glasgow will have to take it as it was posted on friday.

lol I sent mine special next day delivery as I just don't trust the royal mail
Reply 53
What day are you moving in btw?
Name: Lesley
Subject: Dentistry
Accomodation: My parents house! I'll be living off them :P
Reply 55
bohogirlie
What day are you moving in btw?

I'm gonna move in on 4pm on the 10th :biggrin:
Reply 56
Name: Colin
Subject: Veterinary Medicine :biggrin:
Accomodation: Wolfson
name: samantha (samz)
age: 17 (will be 18 in freshers wk- bring on the party!)
Subject: Geography, earth sci and bio
accomodation: winton drive (any1 out there going to be at winton? coz i dont know any1!)
Reply 58
soup.or.sam
name: samantha (samz)
age: 17 (will be 18 in freshers wk- bring on the party!)
Subject: Geography, earth sci and bio
accomodation: winton drive (any1 out there going to be at winton? coz i dont know any1!)

theres one person on www.newstudent.org who's going to winton, looks like it'll just be you two! haha im going into QM though which is right next door. i saw both the accomodation today at the open day for the year below, scary to think that we're moving in in 5 days.
Hay jamiepuk17 thanks for the link! wot was the accomodation like? any good?

Latest

Trending

Trending