Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Arguably, isn't this just like predicted grades for A-levels?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billy_69)

could i theoretically get an unconditional by doing this and then just passing it and handing the grades to them in September?
    Surely it won't make a difference to you if you apply being honest and get a conditional offer rather than unconditional? If your application is good enough it shouldn't make a difference to whether you get an offer anyway.

ReputationRep:
    OP the certificate will have the date on it. I doubt you'll get away with it, so it's not worth it - it'll void your entire application just because you thought you'd have a go at lying about communication skills, of all subjects. I wouldn't risk it, just put it as 'pending', and perhaps your referee can give you a high recommendation that you'll get the grade needed/you can get them to predict a grade for you as well as your A levels.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't they be able to see when you took it? And if that is after you submitted your application then....

EDIT - punkyrocker beat me to the same point :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    If it can be proved with a certificate, don't lie.

ReputationRep:
    Put the grade as Pending? I'm sure you can do that for all qualifications on the application. After all, if it's just a Pass/Fail subject; it's not like they need to know your predicted grade, just that you're studying towards it.

If they ask for proof of your qualifications, you won't be able to provide them with it.
    If they ask for this after you get your certificate, they will see the date on the certificate.

They reserve the right to withdraw your application or offer and inform UCAS. They reserve the right to kick you off their course if they find out later on.

It's not even worth it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emeleh)
    Long story short? No, you're not allowed to lie.
    This, OP. sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billy_69)
    give it to them?

they dont check until september so i can achieve it before then
    But when they see the date of the qualification on your certificate they're going to know you lied..?
    (Dunno if that will result in you not getting a place, but I'm sure you might feel a little silly? :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    The only rule is not to get caught.

ReputationRep:
    Certificates have dates on them.... and which university do you think is going to reject you.. ?

ReputationRep:
    If you are gonna get it, why bother to lie about it. The offer will be conditional on this, and if you are gonna make it, its hardly a problem.

Get caught lying, and get your UCAS voided. Thats what has happened to of couple people at college. Now they feel pretty stupid over doing it over pretty petty things.

ReputationRep:
    Try it but if you get foud out....

ReputationRep:
    I'd suggest you didn't.

ReputationRep:
    You can lie- but don't. A bit of exxageration on the PS is one thing (everyone does it), but talking about actual qualifications is summat different...

ReputationRep:
    Why go for an unconditional when you can get a conditional, pass and get in anyway? Strange boy.

ReputationRep:
    Do it! It'll be fine. Everyone here seems to think so... :yep:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.