Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi everyone.

Essentially, I was with this girl for about 4 years, and it was by far the best 4 years of my life. She made me unbelievably happy and I loved her more than I thought I could love anyone.

We met in sixth form and ended up going to university together and for the first year we were inseparable. In my opinion, everything was perfect (but in hindsight, clearly not). Even for the second year, we ended up living together with a group of mutual friends. Happy times.

Anyway, in April last year, 2 days before my first exam, I had just made us dinner and afterwards, she gave me her phone (she was deeply involved in one of the games), and asked me to have a go at one of the levels that she was stuck on. Whilst I was playing this game, a message flashed up from one of her uni friends, which was a message that only a couple would send each other. I was mortified. Because of the way the phone displays messages, the whole convo was listed and it transpired that this has been going on for a couple of months, and that she was going to ditch me for him after my exams.

I asked her about it, and she said next to nothing, apart from the fact that she didn't want to tell me before the exams incase I failed. She also said she didn't have the heart to tell me anyway.

So since then, she's been with this guy and I've just felt like utter s***. I won't try and explain how upset I was, I'm sure you can imagine. Anyway, I've been trying to try and get involved with more things to keep my mind of it, but the fact is that I still love her dearly.

Another thing that hurts is that even after she had decided she was going to end it with me, we had agreed to continue living together for this year. But I can't understand why - she must have known that I'd know by then, so why agree to it when I'd feel even worse?

So, yeah, by contract we're still living together, she's with him and I feel alone. I still love her as much as I ever did and no matter how hard I try, I can't stop thinking about her.

Anybody else experience anything similar? I hope that most of my feelings are because we still live together, and that they'll decay faster once we live apart... Advice?

Thanks, and sorry for the length of this post

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.