Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

online tests are rubbish!
    I had mine done when I had my dyslexia test, it was 133.
    I'm not sure if it can change though!

(Original post by DerBoy)
    Online IQ tests are less accurate than a 4 year-old's guess. In fact I'm not sure a fully derived MENSA test is that accurate, but that is because of my ideology so to speak (there are many different types of intelligence http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_..._intelligences, and I don't see how even 1000 questions would accurately pinpoint your intelligence (and in what category?). Of course rough approximations can be calculated, but in periods of 60 points or so (I believe).

As for your question, yes. Let my IQ score in an IQ test sat last year be x. If I was to resit it (of course in the same conditions as previously), I think my score would be about x+10 or even x+20. Perhaps even x+30.

I have entered a new 'phase' of thinking as I see it, where I think logically and thus I do (significantly) better in maths, whereas I've slipped quite a bit in English. (A remarkable and welcome change).
    I came into this thread to post this. Thank you.

I believe tests are a load of rubbish. Even if we consider intelligence as the ability of solving puzzles (and it is not), this is influenced by how many times you tried that kind of puzzle - your experience.

For something to measure intelligence, there should be a test that is completely different from everything you've ever tried. But this is not possible. Also, even in solving math problems a great degree of luck is involved (e.g. you analised a particular way first or later)

As for me, I can solve the Rubik's cube but that doesn't mean I'm intelligent.
What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.