Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    No. If drug laws were really for our protection they would be legalised, regulated and made cheaper on the black market. It's political suicide if drugs were legalised and the continuing additions of controlled drugs are a mere example of social authoritarianism. Besides, all wars on drugs fail spectacularly. They rise the price of drugs that help to make more profit to fund crime. Nice one.

I use it as an example to say that prohibition doesn't work, whether it is alcohol, drugs or abortion.
    So you'd be against the illegalisation of abortion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    this is a good point
    i really do believe that what people do with their own body then its their own business, if they want to put something into it they should be able to and if they dont want something in it they they shouldnt have to have
    Fair play then. People sometimes decide to claim bodily sovereignty but when there are situations that they do not like, and it is clear that real consent is an issue, for example, they still spout "eww" or "it should not be allowed" etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missygeorgia)
    So you'd be against the illegalisation of abortion?
    In practice yes. I've given up bothering over human woes in life these days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeolus)
    Lolwut? Oh dear that poor poor woman she has to get all fat. :cry:

So the child must be killed, must be terminated and murdered, it's existence destroyed just so the woman doesn't have to suffer inconvenience for 9 months?

That is savage.

yes because its all about the getting fat part :rofl:

man you really have no idea about pregnancy and child birth do you :rolleyes: would love you see you or any man go through it then call it an 'inconvenience' or talk about 'getting all fat' getting fat is the LEAST a female has to worry about when pregnant/giving birth

So you are ok with murdering children. Good to know.

i dont class abortion as murder (not everyone does you know)

(Original post by yodude888)
    "So a woman has no say in murdering a human being that she is only partially responsable for then?

wow"

Is that what you mean?

no, i meant exactly what i said

If you put it like that, why is it ok to 'murder a human being' when the father agrees?

that is a good point! its apparently 'morally wrong' and 'murder' if the woman doesnt want it but the father does yet its perfectly ok if both people agree with it or the father doesnt want it but the woman does

(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Fair play then. People sometimes decide to claim bodily sovereignty but when there are situations that they do not like, and it is clear that real consent is an issue, for example, they still spout "eww" or "it should not be allowed" etc.

dont get me wrong i am against drugs, ive never taken them and never will and i refuse to have anything to do with anyone that does take them but if people want to take them it is 100% upto them and has nothing to do with me, their body

ReputationRep:
    If you put it like that, why is it ok to 'murder a human being' when the father agrees?
    Your point is fair here - the only way I can justify abortion is if mother and father and a legal/medical expert are in agreement that taking one life would be better than ruining two people's who will not support it. Even though I'm instinctively for the two parents being able to decide together for an adoption, it's true that my argument here is almost as unfounded as the argument that women have a right to abort the child without father's consent.

If there IS a route to the child being supported by one of the parents and they want to support the child, I believe it's clear that should be the route taken.

ReputationRep:
    yes because its all about the getting fat part :rofl:

man you really have no idea about pregnancy and child birth do you :rolleyes: would love you see you or any man go through it then call it an 'inconvenience' or talk about 'getting all fat' getting fat is the LEAST a female has to worry about when pregnant/giving birth

I would rather suffer 9 months of humiliation and pain than kill a defenceless human child.

The clerics in Iran do not class stoning a homosexual to death as murder. The imams in Saudi Arabia do not class stoning a women who has commited adultery to death as murder.

Yet in both cases an innocent human being has been killed.

No matter what you want to call it, the most innocent of human beings, a child no less is killed during abortion, for the satisfaction and comfort of another. What savagery.

ReputationRep:

Imagine this: a woman is in labour. The baby's head is just about to emerge from the vagina. Before that happens, the woman grabs a knife, widens her vagina and drives the knife through the baby's skull.

Is that murder?

ReputationRep:
    I would rather suffer 9 months of humiliation and pain than kill a defenceless human child.

well thata you, you have to remember that not everyone is the same as you some people do think different

Imagine this: a woman is in labour. The baby's head is just about to emerge from the vagina. Before that happens, the woman grabs a knife, widens her vagina and drives the knife through the baby's skull.

Is that murder?

i'll sit on the fence with that one as im actually unsure what i would class that as :eek3:

ReputationRep:

Is that murder?
    I think it is, yes, but that's why there's a time limit on abortion.

ReputationRep:
    you have to remember that not everyone is the same as you some people do think different

That doesn't justify killing an innocent. The clerics in iran think it is ok to stone homosexuals and disobedient women to death.

Would you still apply your 'not everyone agrees' logic to these scenarios?

ReputationRep:
    That doesn't justify killing an innocent. The clerics in iran think it is ok to stone homosexuals and disobedient women to death.

Would you still apply your 'not everyone agrees' logic to these scenarios?
    yes i would

ReputationRep:
    yes i would

So you don't think stoning homosexuals to death is something that can be called completely wrong, just because a minority of people think it is right?

O....k......

ReputationRep:
    So you don't think stoning homosexuals to death is something that can be called completely wrong, just because a minority of people think it is right?

O....k......
    no i dont who am i to disagree with the laws if a country

ReputationRep:
    no i dont who am i to disagree with the laws if a country

You are a human being with their own innate moral conscienceness. You could say exactly the same about the Holocaust. Who are we to disagree with the laws of Nazi Germany?

(Godwin :top2:)

ReputationRep:
    A human being with their own innate moral conscienceness. You could say exactly the same about the Holocaust. Who are we to disagree with the laws of Nazi Germany?

(Godwin :top2:)
    thats right

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: Fair enough. At least you are consistent. You condone mass murder, rape and torture, mutilation and opression, genocide and other atrocity.

I can see now why the life of one unborn child has near to no value to you. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: Fair enough. At least you are consistent. You condone mass murder, rape and torture, mutilation and opression, genocide and other atrocity.

I can see now why the life of one unborn child has near to no value to you. :dontknow:

the life of an unborn child has no value to me because i do not like kids and i know that if i ever became pregnant that i would without a second thought have an abortion

ReputationRep:
    the life of an unborn child has no value to me because i do not like kids and i know that if i ever became pregnant that i would without a second thought have an abortion

And also you condone mass murder, rape and torture, mutilation and opression, genocide and other atrocity. So the life of one unborn child is pretty small in comparison to your many other inhumane beliefs.

ReputationRep:
    And also you condone mass murder, rape and torture, mutilation and opression, genocide and other atrocity. So the life of one unborn child is pretty small in comparison to your many other inhumane beliefs.

i dont agree with it but i dont disagree with the laws of other countries

like for instance i dont agree with the death penalty but some states in america have it :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    i dont agree with it but i dont disagree with the laws of other countries

like for instance i dont agree with the death penalty but some states in america have it :dontknow:

But that doesn't make it right. You are essentially saying it does.

If another country had a law forcing all females to keep their babies and punishing them with a death sentance if they aborted it themselves. Would you not disagree with it?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.