Turn on thread page Beta

Mother's and father's right to abortion? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeolus)
    But that doesn't make it right. You are essentially saying it does.

If another country had a law forcing all females to keep their babies and punishing them with a death sentance if they aborted it themselves. Would you not disagree with it?

of course i would because like i said people should be able to do what they want with their bodies

man this is going no where

end of the day you have your opinion and i have mine, neither of us are going to change the others mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    of course i would because like i said people should be able to do what they want with their bodies

But you also said that: "I don't disagree with the laws of other countries."

So which is it to be? You keep contradicting yourself over and over again.

ReputationRep:
    But you also said that: "I don't disagree with the laws of other countries."

So which is it to be? You keep contradicting yourself over and over again.
    My hope is that tinktinktinkerbell is a troll and doesn't actually naturally act and respond like she does on here, because if she does ... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    If the woman wants to keep the baby and the man doesn't then she should have to sign something that makes it very clear that he had no say in whether or not the baby was born in the first place, and as such shouldn't be expected to have anything to do with raising or paying for the child in the future. At the same time, this would forego their right to having any impact on the kid's life at any point in the future, unless they could pay back the contribution that they failed to make up until that stage. If they done it that way, any parent that would be contacting their child after however many years would be making a significant financial contribution to them and this would of course benefit them in some way. On an emotional level it doesn't sound particularly right or appealing but its practicality definitely should.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gardocki)
    If the woman wants to keep the baby and the man doesn't then she should have to sign something that makes it very clear that he had no say in whether or not the baby was born in the first place, and as such shouldn't be expected to have anything to do with raising or paying for the child in the future.
    I think this is taking it a little to far. It takes two too tango, imagine the number of single mothers there would be.
    Having an abortion is a huge emotional thing for a female, let alone a hard decision. Being told that you either have one or the father would not take any responsibility whatsoever isn't fair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starless Eyes)
    I think this is taking it a little to far. It takes two too tango, imagine the number of single mothers there would be.
    Having an abortion is a huge emotional thing for a female, let alone a hard decision. Being told that you either have one or the father would not take any responsibility whatsoever isn't fair.
    Being told that she's having it regardless of what you say and how much it is going to affect you and the rest of your life isn't fair either. At least there is an element of choice there: something that should always apply in any situation. There is no perfect solution, but at least mines would benefit the child in either a big payday if he decides he wants back in, or simply leaves the woman to get on with it without any future legal interference.

ReputationRep:
    a man shouldnt be forced to have a baby he doesnt want, same as a woman shouldnt be forced to have one she doesnt want, a man should be able to wave all rights if he doesnt want a child

ReputationRep:
    I agree and it may force a lot of women to choose abortion because they cannot financially cope with raising a child on their own. I think if that happens it sucks but both parties should pay the consequences. Then again I don't agree with abortion anyway (not in a pro-life sense because I do understand that practically it wouldn't work, rape instances etc etc)

ReputationRep:
    a man shouldnt be forced to have a baby he doesnt want, same as a woman shouldnt be forced to have one she doesnt want, a man should be able to wave all rights if he doesnt want a child

What about the child? there are three human lives involved in this problem not two.

ReputationRep:
    What about the child? there are three human lives involved in this problem not two.
    the fetus has no rights until a certain point

do you really think people bringing a child into this world that they dont want is the best option? do you think they will take care of the child? do you think the woman would look after herself thoughout her pregnancy? come on now! i sure as hell wouldnt if i was forced to have a thing i didnt want

ReputationRep:
    the fetus has no rights until a certain point

Why not? And it doesn't take away the fact that the child is alive. You need to explain the reasons why the child has no rights, and simply being dependent on the mother isn't one of them, becasue there are plenty of individuals dependent solely on others in society.

o you really think people bringing a child into this world that they dont want is the best option? do you think they will take care of the child?
    I don't care if they don't want to take care of it. It can be passed into the care of the state who will try and find it a good family. Who are you to make the decision on whether it would have a good life? Who are you to be the judge if wether it lives or dies?

do you think the woman would look after herself thoughout her pregnancy? come on now! i sure as hell wouldnt if i was forced to have a thing i didnt want

That is becasue you are 12 years old, and judging by our previous discussions in this thread. An idiot.

How can you expect anybody to take your moral claims seriously when you don't disagree with other countries who committ genocide and kill women who abort their babies.

Your opinion on abortion counts for nothing.

ReputationRep:
    Why not? And it doesn't take away the fact that the child is alive. You need to explain the reasons why the child has no rights, and simply being dependent on the mother isn't one of them, becasue there are plenty of individuals dependent solely on others in society.
    because the law says so, the law says that the parent/s have every right to decide what happens to THEIR child

I don't care if they don't want to take care of it. It can be passed into the care of the state who will try and find it a good family. Who are you to make the decision on whether it would have a good life? Who are you to be the judge if wether it lives or dies?

yes thats a good idea, have an unwanted child and then pass it onto an already struggling care system, do you have any idea how many kids are in care waiting to 'find a good family' you clearly dont, just imagine all of the already happened abortions being born and added to that system, it wouldnt be able to cope

That is becasue you are 12 years old, and judging by our previous discussions in this thread. An idiot.

How can you expect anybody to take your moral claims seriously when you don't disagree with other countries who committ genocide and kill women who abort their babies.

Your opinion on abortion counts for nothing.
    im actually 28 and since you have moved onto personal insults my conversation with you is done

ReputationRep:
    I hate these threads. Same ****, over and over again. Ho hum.

To all the people that go on about how "my vagina means it's my decision lolololol". I don't care. I really don't. You want an abortion? Have it then. But next time, make the bloek wear a condom before kicking up a fuss.
    My vagina = my decision?
    No.
    No condom = no sex?
    Yes.
    No pill = no sex?
    Yes.

It's both parties' fault if someone gets pregnant, and I'm fed up of women saying "he got me pregnant *crycrycry*"
    No, you LET HIM get you pregnant (unless, as it is in some unfortunate circumstances, the condom breaks/pill doesn't work/other form of contraception doesn't work for whatever reason).

Seeing as everyone seems to be stating their principles regarding this tedious subject, I may as well do the same; I'm pro-choice. I'm not anti-abortion, I am not whatever the opposite is. But, in my highly esteemed view, to stop this **** from happening, use protection. Common sense.

And the reason you should all listen to what I say and trust me is because I'm from the Internet. :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    because the law says so, the law says that the parent/s have every right to decide what happens to THEIR child

We have been through this. Just because the law says something doesn't mean it is morally right. That becomes obvious with just a glimpse at a newspaper.

I have already asked you before if a country was to execute women who had abortions would you agree with it and you said no.

So forget the law, and explain to me why you think the unborn child does not have rights, bearing in mind that it's being dependent on the mother is not a justification, otherwise we take away the rights of all young children and comotose adults.

yes thats a good idea, have an unwanted child and then pass it onto an already struggling care system, do you have any idea how many kids are in care waiting to 'find a good family' you clearly dont, just imagine all of the already happened abortions being born and added to that system, it wouldnt be able to cope

So you think that killing is the answer to this? Well then if all of those kids in care are such a burden, why don't we abort them aswell? You seem to have no problem with aborting children who might be put in care. They are all solely dependent and cannot survive without a system which obviously doesn't want them. Why don't we kill them all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    I hate these threads. Same ****, over and over again. Ho hum.

To all the people that go on about how "my vagina means it's my decision lolololol". I don't care. I really don't. You want an abortion? Have it then. But next time, make the bloek wear a condom before kicking up a fuss.
    My vagina = my decision?
    No.
    No condom = no sex?
    Yes.
    No pill = no sex?
    Yes.

It's both parties' fault if someone gets pregnant, and I'm fed up of women saying "he got me pregnant *crycrycry*"
    No, you LET HIM get you pregnant (unless, as it is in some unfortunate circumstances, the condom breaks/pill doesn't work/other form of contraception doesn't work for whatever reason).

Seeing as everyone seems to be stating their principles regarding this tedious subject, I may as well do the same; I'm pro-choice. I'm not anti-abortion, I am not whatever the opposite is. But, in my highly esteemed view, to stop this **** from happening, use protection. Common sense.

And the reason you should all listen to what I say and trust me is because I'm from the Internet. :thumbsup:

so damn true, thats why two forms of contraception should be used imo

ReputationRep:
    We have been through this. Just because the law says something doesn't mean it is morally right. That becomes obvious with just a glimpse at a newspaper.

I have already asked you before if a country was to execute women who had abortions would you agree with it and you said no.

So forget the law, and explain to me why you think the unborn child does not have rights, bearing in mind that it's being dependent on the mother is not a justification, otherwise we take away the rights of all young children and comotose adults.

So you think that killing is the answer to this? Well then if all of those kids in care are such a burden, why don't we abort them aswell? You seem to have no problem with aborting children who might be put in care. They are all solely dependent and cannot survive without a system which obviously doesn't want them. Why don't we kill them all?

look, we are just going around in circles here, you arnt going to change my mind about abortion and im finding it hard to put into words what i mean so lets just leave it with you have your opinion and i have mine

if killing and putting them into care isnt the answer, what is

and like i say since you resorted to personal insults im done with you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Who's N?)
    Because men don't have to carry the baby for 9 months or give birth to it.
    This.

The agreement isn't that I support abortion: in fact, far from it, and for someone to have to witness their partner abort their child against personal wishes must be emotionally and morally excruciating beyond belief. Men could certainly benefit from more support where abortion is concerned, but the simple fact remains that they do not bring the child into the world. To a degree, however, it is a question of responsibility on the male's part, and knowledge of a partner's moral standpoint and plans in life are sensible preparation for if the unexpected were to happen.

ReputationRep:
    i dont agree with it but i dont disagree with the laws of other countries

like for instance i dont agree with the death penalty but some states in america have it
    Even if marital rape didn't exist? Imagine if that was still the case in England. :lolwut:

I think it's harsh for you not to have any dealings with anyone who has used drugs even though you stated clearly that it is their own bodies so they can do what they like. As long as it is not harming anyone, why should anyone else give a damn?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Even if marital rape didn't exist? Imagine if that was still the case in England. :lolwut:

I think it's harsh for you not to have any dealings with anyone who has used drugs even though you stated clearly that it is their own bodies so they can do what they like. As long as it is not harming anyone, why should anyone else give a damn?
    yes you are right it is their own body and they can choose what to put into it just the same as i can choose who i want to hang around with

just say they were smoking pot for instance if i was hanging around with them and they were smoking it around me then that would effect me too, do what they like with their own body but dont be trying to damage mine

ReputationRep:
    yes you are right it is their own body and they can choose what to put into it just the same as i can choose who i want to hang around with

just say they were smoking pot for instance if i was hanging around with them and they were smoking it around me then that would effect me too, do what they like with their own body but dont be trying to damage mine
    Fair enough. Though the same can be applied to tobacco smoking. And, if you've lived in a concrete jungle like me, car exhaust fumes.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.