Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking to buy some Revision Guides/Book for the courses which i am doing, my teachers haven't really suggested any books yet so i was wondering if one you guys can help me find some revision books.

Could someone suggest a good Revision Guide/Books for OCR Economics A2. These particular units -

OCR Economics A2: Unit F585: The Global Economy
    OCR Economics A2: Unit F584: Transport Economics

Would be much appreciated if you can provide links on where to get the books from.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    There is an A2 OCR book that my teacher bought from Heinemann called OCR Economics A2 by Colin Branford, Susan Grant and Stephen Walton:

ISBN: 9780435692216

There's another specific one for Transport economics called Transport Economics: 4th Edition by Colin G. Bramford

ISBN: 9780435332341

I hope you have found this useful - sorry these aren't links but the ISBN numbers should make it easier to find.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, thank you for the reply mate i already have the OCR A2 Text book from Heinemann. Its a very good book but im looking for something different more of a revision guide rather than a big text book.

Ill look into that transport text book aswell

thankyou

ReputationRep:
    do uno what book is really gd.. if u go on
    http://www.anforme.co.uk/
    i got my revsion guides frm there last year n got more than 90% on both my econ papers..

ReputationRep:
    rapid revision is the best for econ and business studies - http://rapidrevision.co.uk/

ReputationRep:
    hi! somebody help! (market structures and competititve behaviour) im a bit confused. why is that a firm with market power can raise prices without losing its customers to competitors?

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, a firm with marker power can raise prices because if they have big market share etc, they are likely to be seen as reliable and the most well known firm, plus brand loyalty means people might wanna stick with them even if they raise their price, cos they know they'll get a good service etc.

I guess it depends on the market structure ie you might have a big firm in an oligopoly who raise their price, and despite brand loyalty and a good reputation, they might lose customers because the other firms are so similar and are still cheaper. But yeah, those are a couple of ideas! Hope it helps. xx

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.