Turn on thread page Beta

Stand-up comedian and Manchester watch

ReputationRep:
    I want to become a stand up comedian, as I am living in Manchester, does anyone know how I can become a stand up comedian? What do I need to do?

ReputationRep:
    anyone

ReputationRep:
    Frog and Bucket have comedy nights.

ReputationRep:
    move to london then make ****** jokes about the north/south divide

ReputationRep:
    Lets hear it.

ReputationRep:
    thanks, where abouts in manchester is it?

I go on facebook and twitter, and I have a lot to say, and a lot of people find it hilarious. They recommended doing this. Really, I need a job and some money, this is the way, part time of course.

ReputationRep:
    Frog and Bucket's in the northern quarter, they have a sort of open mike night on mondays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Frog and Bucket's in the northern quarter, they have a sort of open mike night on mondays.
    do you get paid?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4G_dollars)
    do you get paid?
    Doubt it. Maybe if you win...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Doubt it. Maybe if you win...
    alrite...is there any comedy club in manchester as well? Or is that the only one

ReputationRep:
    alrite...is there any comedy club in manchester as well? Or is that the only one
    There's probably more but I have no idea.

ReputationRep:
    Just stand outside the apollo and nick their punters?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, Frog and Bucket...

I'd come and see you :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Frog and bucket and Remedy in fallowfield both give open mic slots. You don't get paid and why would you? You are unproven they are giving you a chance.

Make sure you get some good stuff together I've seen too many people die deaths on the stage there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lella_m)
    Yes, Frog and Bucket...

I'd come and see you :teeth:
    thanks...i am nervous, I want to do it. Just to have a feel and see what it is like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Consilio Et Animis)
    Just stand outside the apollo and nick their punters?
    haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodmen)
    Frog and bucket and Remedy both give open mic slots. You don't get paid and why would you? You are unproven they are giving you a chance.

Make sure you get some good stuff together I've seen too many people die deaths on the stage there
    I will. I hope I don't die on there, but I think I will. What kind of comedians you seen are on there? Is it varied or is this sort of political correctness about jokes?

ReputationRep:
    I will. I hope I don't die on there, but I think I will. What kind of comedians you seen are on there? Is it varied or is this sort of political correctness about jokes?
    At remedy its mainly students and amateur and there is no PC what so ever. If you are muslim for example or religious at all I really wouldnt bother going because they get ripped to shreds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodmen)
    At remedy its mainly students and amateur and there is no PC what so ever. If you are muslim for example or religious at all I really wouldnt bother going because they get ripped to shreds
    I am muslim, I rip myself to shreds...so ...I wanted to bring someone for moral support but that cant be done cos he might be offended. I really want to do it but nerve wracking. Have you ever volunteered for it?

ReputationRep:
    I think the market is saturated with comedians sporting novelty-North West accents and jokes about eating chips at weddings in 1992

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.