Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Highers/advanced highers (and equivilents) after high school watch

    • Thread Starter

    I'm sure this is a commonly asked question, but i can't find any definitive answers...

    I've already left high school (3 years ago, in fact), but i now wish to get back into education. Unfortunately, i was an artard in high school, and took only scientific courses like physics and maths, which were all thoroughly boring. At the time, i thought it was what i wanted to do! No wonder i was so bored in those classes!

    Having had time to reflect, i realize that the only higher i actually enjoyed was English. I also really enjoyed Classics in standard grade and Georgraphy and History before that.

    So now i'm stuck in a rut. I wish to go to college to do crash some Highers (or the English equivalent (A-levels?)), and then hopefully on to a fairly decent university. However, after inquiring with the SQA about where i can do these highers, they just sent me a bunch of names of high-schools.

    Am i wrong in thinking that highers (and advanced highers) cannot be done outside high-school? Is there some other method of 'catching up' on missed education so that i might go on to a good university? I don't much care where the college is, i'm willing to relocate to do the appropriate studying.

    Thanks in advanced for any dataz!

    You can do them at college. Just ring up your local college and find out what highers/ahs they do.
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.