Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Highers/advanced highers (and equivilents) after high school watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure this is a commonly asked question, but i can't find any definitive answers...

I've already left high school (3 years ago, in fact), but i now wish to get back into education. Unfortunately, i was an artard in high school, and took only scientific courses like physics and maths, which were all thoroughly boring. At the time, i thought it was what i wanted to do! No wonder i was so bored in those classes!

Having had time to reflect, i realize that the only higher i actually enjoyed was English. I also really enjoyed Classics in standard grade and Georgraphy and History before that.

So now i'm stuck in a rut. I wish to go to college to do crash some Highers (or the English equivalent (A-levels?)), and then hopefully on to a fairly decent university. However, after inquiring with the SQA about where i can do these highers, they just sent me a bunch of names of high-schools.

Am i wrong in thinking that highers (and advanced highers) cannot be done outside high-school? Is there some other method of 'catching up' on missed education so that i might go on to a good university? I don't much care where the college is, i'm willing to relocate to do the appropriate studying.

Thanks in advanced for any dataz!

ReputationRep:
    You can do them at college. Just ring up your local college and find out what highers/ahs they do.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.