Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I've been made an offer by St John's college, but as you can see from my sig, it's ridiculously high, so I will probably never find out how my interviews/CLT went. I'd like to get some feedback, just for future reference, but I don't know if "successful" applicants can. Does anyone know if I can still receive feedback?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    3 A*s? I didn't even know any universities were making offers with more than 1 A* required

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _tiggy_)
    Hi

I've been made an offer by St John's college, but as you can see from my sig, it's ridiculously high, so I will probably never find out how my interviews/CLT went. I'd like to get some feedback, just for future reference, but I don't know if "successful" applicants can. Does anyone know if I can still receive feedback?

Thanks
    Did you form tutor or school head master call st John's and make a protest - with regards to 3 A* offer. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suffix)
    3 A*s? I didn't even know any universities were making offers with more than 1 A* required
    Heehee yeah, I thought the worst would be over when I heard one way or the other, but I guess I was wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumb Economist)
    Did you form tutor or school head master call st John's and make a protest - with regards to 3 A* offer. :mad:
    No, I emailed them to clarify, but they just said, yep that's what it is! I don't think my form tutor or head teacher even know I have an offer-my head of sixth form just said I need to work really hard if I want it.

ReputationRep:
    Thats a ridiculous offer for law. Fair enough if it was for a science subject, but not a humanitarian subject like law.

What subjects are you doing at A-level?

ReputationRep:
    No, I emailed them to clarify, but they just said, yep that's what it is! I don't think my form tutor or head teacher even know I have an offer-my head of sixth form just said I need to work really hard if I want it.
    In the decsion thread - you stated 90% in 3 A levels. which more difficult than 3 A*... which is right

ReputationRep:
    Yes you can apply for feedback .. I think, , but that is a ridiculous offer.

ReputationRep:
    why don't you give the college a ring? because they probably get loads and loads of emails and they might be more helpful if you talk to them. and if you weren't predicted three A*'s you can tell them quite reasonably that you probs won't be able to get that. nobody should go through the rest of their school career with that pressure on their head...its crazy!!!!

ReputationRep:
    They must've gone well enough to get you an offer! .

ReputationRep:
    Oh my lord, what a horrendous offer

And yeah your teachers should know because John's send a copy of your acceptance letter there. Definitely ask for feedback!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeventhSonOfASeventhSon)
    Thats a ridiculous offer for law. Fair enough if it was for a science subject, but not a humanitarian subject like law.

What subjects are you doing at A-level?
    Humanities haha! History, Geography, English Language and French. I was thinking either history or French for my A*, but now I'll have to keep my fingers crossed for geography as well. I don't really know what else to do

(Original post by Dumb Economist)
    In the decsion thread - you stated 90% in 3 A levels. which more difficult than 3 A*... which is right
    Well it's 90% but it amounts to the same thing based on my AS results.

ReputationRep:
    not that I would want to add any pressure or anything but......I doubt that hardly anyone has EVER got 3 A*s....ever!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrightGirl)
    Oh my lord, what a horrendous offer

And yeah your teachers should know because John's send a copy of your acceptance letter there. Definitely ask for feedback!
    (Original post by CharlotteCoster)
    why don't you give the college a ring? because they probably get loads and loads of emails and they might be more helpful if you talk to them. and if you weren't predicted three A*'s you can tell them quite reasonably that you probs won't be able to get that. nobody should go through the rest of their school career with that pressure on their head...its crazy!!!!
    Yeah I guess they must know! But yeah, it's pretty horrid. I can't get it off my mind, which I'm finding really hard, so I'm just trying to get some closure on the interview I guess!!

ReputationRep:
    Well it's 90% but it amounts to the same thing based on my AS results.
    Have you thought about possibly retaking some of your AS modules? If you brought them up to, say, 95%, that's a bit less pressure on your A2 modules.

EDIT: Just seen you do french. You could definitely bring up your French with retakes, as you don't need to learn extra stuff - you will have progressed in the language over the year. I did this with my AS French and despite getting CCD () in my A2 modules last year I got 100% in the AS retakes of the reading, writing and listening sections.

ReputationRep:
    FML.
    Can't believe you got a 3A* offer.
    Bit out of order. But this girl last year did get a 90% in 4 a levels offer for engineering.
    Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Jesus H Christ.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    Have you thought about possibly retaking some of your AS modules? If you brought them up to, say, 95%, that's a bit less pressure on your A2 modules.
    Well, I could do, but I don't want to impact too much on my A2s. I'm not really sure! I've retaken English Language, but I suppose I could try geography skills or something like that again without too much trouble. I got over 90% in one module of each AS, it's just the consistency that's the problem

(Original post by Smeh)
    FML.
    Can't believe you got a 3A* offer.
    Bit out of order. But this girl last year did get a 90% in 4 a levels offer for engineering.
    Good luck.
    Hm, well at least I'm not the only one! and thanks

ReputationRep:
    good luck with that tiggy!!! but you so should not stand for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)

EDIT: Just seen you do french. You could definitely bring up your French with retakes, as you don't need to learn extra stuff - you will have progressed in the language over the year. I did this with my AS French and despite getting CCD () in my A2 modules last year I got 100% in the AS retakes of the reading, writing and listening sections.
    That wouldn't make a difference because it's 90% at A2 - so long as you have at least 80% overall, your AS modules don't count at all towards the A*

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.