Turn on thread page Beta

Ilford county high school sixth form watch

ReputationRep:
    fx

ReputationRep:
    yeh i live near there its a really good sixth form/all boys u need all ur grades to be B and above at gcse
    people who get it have at least 3 A*s and the rest As usually
    heard some of the boys there are crackheads though =\ lol

ReputationRep:
    terrible

ReputationRep:
    I know a couple of people who go there (well one doesn't anymore, and the other does), they said it's good but it's very serious so you won't be able to mess around much and you'll have to be able to keep up with the pace of their study or fall behind. Your grades are good enough to get in I think, one of mates who went there used to go to the same secondary school as me and got similiar grades to what you are predicted and got a place.

ReputationRep:
    I believe you need 6Bs and also Bs in all the subjects you plan on doing at AS. In addition there is also an interview for entry.

I'm not 100% sure on this though, as the school's site appears to be broken.

If you contact the school's 6th form staff, I'm sure they will be able to help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notsocleverstudent)
    So ilford county is one of the best sixth forms in london, and was hoping to get some feedback from people who maybe in ilford county or have some knowledge of grades and expectations.

So I am currently doing only 8 gcses(school messed up), and I have already 4 results. 3 As, and 1B(in english language. Now out of the other 4, i should be getting an A, A* and 1 B. And i will be attempting to my abilities to get an A* in maths.

I currently study AS maths, and AS rs in year 11(although I'm not sitting an exam for AS maths).

So overall, i should be getting about 2/3 A*s, 3/4 A and 2 B.
    Would that be considered high enough for me to get an entry at ilford county who have a score of 951 in the sixth form league tables for 2009, seeing as I'm only doing 8 gcses.

Thanks in advance
    Heyy, i go to ICHS I'm in my second year of sixth form and have been there since year 7.

Your predictions sound good. A lot of students who have been in ICHS from year 7 end up with really fantastic GCSEs, but in my experience, a lot of the external students come in with grades like the ones youhave predicted. I know people with 2/3A*s.

They are a really empathetic school and im sure they will understand why you only do 8 GCSEs. I think that the most important thing to do is to show that you can really add value to the school. Im not entirely sure if the admissions system will change for you, as we just got a new Headmaster (the old one was fantastic, you missed out by being a year younger ).

Let me know if you want to talk about the school.

ReputationRep:
    yguihjp#

ReputationRep:
    Just found a page which certainly indicates what the requirements and details have been for the previous few years - if you are in Year 11 now, I don't think it looks particularly good as it talks about the end of January being the deadline (and it also essentially says that applicants that late are much more unlikely to secure a place):

http://www.ichs.org.uk/site/data/Sch...form/link2.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Reks)
    Iv applied to ICHS, it looks really good and their results are amazing!...But i prefer Seven kings high school!
    We totally pwn seven kings...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notsocleverstudent)
    So ilford county is one of the best sixth forms in london, and was hoping to get some feedback from people who maybe in ilford county or have some knowledge of grades and expectations.

So I am currently doing only 8 gcses(school messed up), and I have already 4 results. 3 As, and 1B(in english language. Now out of the other 4, i should be getting an A, A* and 1 B. And i will be attempting to my abilities to get an A* in maths.

I currently study AS maths, and AS rs in year 11(although I'm not sitting an exam for AS maths).

So overall, i should be getting about 2/3 A*s, 3/4 A and 2 B.
    Would that be considered high enough for me to get an entry at ilford county who have a score of 951 in the sixth form league tables for 2009, seeing as I'm only doing 8 gcses.

Thanks in advance
    I think my cousin goes to Ilford County High School.. she got a scholarship to Seven Kings High School and moved to Ilford County High School.. and she only got like 7A's and 6B's.. So i'm thinking if you get more A*'s you should stand a very good chance mate..

ReputationRep:
    How long I have waited for ICHS to come up on TSR

it was inevitable.

OP, it is a good school if your willing to work hard and sacrifice female company.

Also there is mandatory subliminal coaching to become a doctor or some healthcare professional.

ReputationRep:
    hvbnk'ml

ReputationRep:
    ugvbnkk'#

ReputationRep:
    oihjok]#

ReputationRep:
    At least they have GIRLS!!!....we chat b4 lol...hey!
    Yup, hi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haz Shah)
    I think my cousin goes to Ilford County High School.. she got a scholarship to Seven Kings High School and moved to Ilford County High School.. and she only got like 7A's and 6B's.. So i'm thinking if you get more A*'s you should stand a very good chance mate..
    she doesn't go there lol...it's a boys school:p:

ReputationRep:
    vbjlk;n'l

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haz Shah)
    the fack are you on about, it's apparently a boys only school.

ReputationRep:
    PS...tell your college to make the site better coz at the mo its really boring, not updated and not very appealing...not surprised considering students run it!!!
    Yup it needs updating. The site itself isnt bad though.

ReputationRep:
    I think what is more shocking, is the fact that his female cousin goes to ICHS.

I've always had a few suspicions about some of my more feminine classmates ...

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.