Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    Wow, that is cutting it close! I thought I was and I sent mine at 11:40pm lol.
    I had to stay calm when calling my mum because she get's flustered if I say things like "arghhh Muuuum I only have 5 mins to go arghh!" haha

ReputationRep:
    I filled in the wrong exam board for 1 of the exams that Im going to be taking

Is this going to screw up my whole application or will they still accept it?

Also after I sent off my application I didnt recieve any email or anything I just know I paid and when I go on the UCAS site the "complete" box is ticked. Is that ok?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billy_69)

Also after I sent off my application I didnt recieve any email or anything I just know I paid and when I go on the UCAS site the "complete" box is ticked. Is that ok?
    Yeah, the universities will put your application straight in the bin if any of it doesnt match your real results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mituozo)
    Yeah, the universities will put your application straight in the bin if any of it doesnt match your real results.
    Are you serious?

All I said was that this key skills exam I am doing was AQA when it was Edexcel!

**** should I try contacting UCAS tomorrow?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team

Just email your uni's, that's what I did...their email addresses can be found on UCAS...they just need to change it on their records :yep: no big deal if you email them all tomorrow, the university list with contact details is here:

http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/choos...uni/instguide/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    Just email your uni's, that's what I did...their email addresses can be found on UCAS...they just need to change it on their records :yep: no big deal if you email them all tomorrow, the university list with contact details is here:

http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/choos...uni/instguide/
    Shall I just wait until they respond to my application first?

It wouldnt be such a huge deal would it? All I did was mix up the examination board names. I dont see why they would throw my application in the bin for an honest yet silly error?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Shall I just wait until they respond to my application first?

It wouldnt be such a huge deal would it? All I did was mix up the examination board names. I dont see why they would throw my application in the bin for an honest yet silly error?
    No just send them a really short email saying that you noticed you'd made a mistake and give them the real details, really not a big deal/difficult thing to do.
    The university may want to contact the exam board to verify your results before making an offer...if that was the case and they contacted the exam board you gave them they'd just be told you never sat the exam...which wouldn't look too good...and would probably result in the aforementioned binning of your application, so just send them an email now or in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    No just send them a really short email saying that you noticed you'd made a mistake and give them the real details, really not a big deal/difficult thing to do.
    The university may want to contact the exam board to verify your results before making an offer...if that was the case and they contacted the exam board you gave them they'd just be told you never sat the exam...which wouldn't look too good...and would probably result in the aforementioned binning of your application, so just send them an email now or in the morning.
    I haven't sat the exam though its one I listed as "pending"

I haven't even booked it yet!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I haven't sat the exam though its one I listed as "pending"

I haven't even booked it yet!
    What's your issue with pointing it out? You don't even need to find out the email addresses because I gave you a list...

Oh well none of my business whether you contact them or not just seems pointless not to...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    What's your issue with pointing it out? You don't even need to find out the email addresses because I gave you a list...

Oh well none of my business whether you contact them or not just seems pointless not to...
    I could but is there any point until I know which ones have accepted me and then I can just communicate with them?

ReputationRep:
    I could but is there any point until I know which ones have accepted me and then I can just communicate with them?
    Dude, you really don't want to contact them do you, every reply from you to skipp's posts are just justifcations to not correct your mistake.

ReputationRep:
    I sent mine off last year a couple of weeks late and I still got accepted into every uni I applied to (none of them were top 10 though) so you guys still have hope.

wtf?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swatjosh)
    wtf?
    i applied last year i didnt reach the conditions though

ReputationRep:
    3 offers and 2 acknowledged

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wolfy^)
    Heh, that's nothing. My friend just called me 5 minutes ago and asked if I could pay for him, as his card is not accepted by UCAS.

Talking about last minute. :p:
    Yeahhhh my mate never got his reference, so he hasnt been able to sent off his application.

Beat that! :wink2:

ReputationRep:
    Are you serious?

All I said was that this key skills exam I am doing was AQA when it was Edexcel!

**** should I try contacting UCAS tomorrow?
    I was joking, send an email to the unis you've applied at and phone UCAS on Monday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IheartASOS)
    Sorry if this sounds a bit nosey, but how come your offer from Manc for linguistics is AA, when they usually ask for BBB?
    I have no idea! I already have a B in A Level French so I suppose they didn't want to ask me for three grades this year, and maybe they thought getting AA is kind of equivalent to getting three Bs, and asking for BB was too easy? Though it's a bit odd as the other uni's have just lopped my B off their standard offer.:dontknow:. It doesn't really matter though as I won't be accepting the offer :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.