Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Before you do anything, i would look at entry requirements of other universities. You don't want to be limiting yourself to just QM, even if that is where you want to go, just in case something doesn't work out..

When are you planning on dropping it?

If you're thinking of dropping it now, I'd really advise against it. Just battle through, do your best and drop it at A2. You've worked at it since September, it'd be a real waste to quit now and you never know, the entry requirements may change for 2011 entry and you might need the extra AS or the UCAS points.

(Original post by =_=)
    Basically, I've really been stressed lately at Sixth Form due to the workload as I haven't done much in any of my subjects to be honest and exams are nearing. I am currently doing these subjects for AS:

English Language

I am considering dropping Sociology as I haven't learnt much and really dislike it despite it being fairly easy. I really don't want to do any last minute revision and stress myself out even further. For Uni, I wish to do a course revolving around Psychology or Computer Science/Engineering. I have looked at Queen Mary Uni and they do not require a specific A Level and will accept 3 A Levels and no AS for my course. Also, the Sociology teacher is a newbie and cannot teach and our second Sociology teacher is going on maternity leave, so there really isn't much point of carrying on doing it in my opinion. My desired uni is Queen Mary, nothing too fancy. Oh, I am planning to do Duke of Edinburgh Silver as I have done Bronze to bag more UCAS points.

Should I drop Sociology? I doubt I will get an A for it due to my bloody laziness.
    I fail to see the dilemma here.... The workload shouldnt be too much for you as you said yourself sociology is easy, so getting a grade in that shouldnt be much trouble.

I dont really advise dropping any of those subjects, and if queen mary's take any 3 Alevels, then Id keep sociology if I were you, as you said it's a very "easy" subject, so you should get an A in that.

If you want to do engineering or cpu science, I highly suggest you take maths. Its a great subject and the workload is not as much as biology or psychology (for me anyway), because all you need to do is learn the concept of your work, do a few past papers, and walk into the exam.

I dont see the point in you doing a dofe award, as most unis that you'll be applying for (I assume) dont look at UCAS points, and queen marys one of them.

So to summarise, dont bother with dofe. Spend your time revising for your subjects. Drop sociology for maths if you want. And stop being lazy
How are you feeling about your exams?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.