Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi

I have noticed (can't really fail to notice!) that the area under my eye keeps twitching. It twitches every so often - about 10 - 15 'episodes' a day, maybe more.
    It started just as I came back to uni, but I haven't been particularly stressed, or sleep-deprived. I don't drink coffee, my diet hasn't changed much. It happens whether I'm using my laptop, in a lecture or just talking to someone. The only thing I can think of is that now that I'm back at uni I'm using my laptop more, but no more than I have done any other term (in my 2nd year now).
    Is there anything I could or should do about it? It's getting quite annoying.
    Any advice would be great!!

Thanks TSR!

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes when I use the laptop, look at a computer screen, or watch TV too much my eyes hurt. Maybe your eyes are twitching because of all the artificial light! If you can, try avoiding these (as hard as it may be!) for like a week or even two, and see if your eye feels any better! If it still twitches you could go to your GP!

ReputationRep:
    Is it a trapped nerve? My eyelid always eh.. 'vibrates' or pulses lots. I don't really know why either :P

ReputationRep:
    Maybe the lighting is really straining your eyes. That's quit a lot of twitching. I thought you meant when you feel a pulse like feeling near the eye, for that they say you should put a bit of tissue paper on the eye lid . lol but I doubt you could get away with it as you say it happens to you when you talk to someone.

ReputationRep:
    You can have it surgically done to remove the twitch. The great Chinese snooker Ding done something to remove his.

Thanks guys.
    No, it's definitely a twitch, not a pulse. I guess it probably is using the computer but there isn't really much I can do about that! I'll try and reduce it as much as I can I guess, and then if it hasnt gone, do something about it. Even now, it's not twitching but when i blink i can sometimes feel teeny tiny twitches or feeling like it is going to twitch!
    It's just so annoying and even though I can't see it in the mirror, I'm paranoid people will see it when I'm talking to them!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I've had the exact same thing for years now, it can be irritating but it's just one of those things. I usually take it as a sign I need to get more sleep! I wouldn't worry about it, and trust me, no-one can see it, it feels more conspicuous than it is. If it's really bothering you, then maybe mention it to the opticians next time you have an eye checkup, they may have some suggestions.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.