ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hattori)
    LOL

no bs from me either
    why is this funny?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    thats because they dont exist.

lybia have them, are fine about admitting to it and are happy to show us.

love Katy ***
    i agree, it annoys me every time I hear someone say that Saddam must have hidden them (how the hell do you 'hide' these great big weapons?!) or that he destroyed them before the war (in which case they're admitting there wasnt a reason for going to war?)

ReputationRep:
    It makes you think though what a bunch of hypocrites the americans are.

They try and remove any threats of nuclear weapons from other countries, yet the americans carry on producing their nuclear weapons. Who is going to regulate the americans? We're just going to end up in a world where the americans and maybe the british and israelis are allowed to have nuclear weapons. Why is this fair?

Bush talked about freeing the iraqi citizens from the cruel regime of iraq. Libya is also a dictatorship, why isn't he interested in liberating the people of libya? Is it because they've agreed to submit their long-range weapons and Bush doesn't need to bother figthing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)

They try and remove any threats of nuclear weapons from other countries, yet the americans carry on producing their nuclear weapons. Who is going to regulate the americans? We're just going to end up in a world where the americans and maybe the british and israelis are allowed to have nuclear weapons. Why is this fair?

Bush talked about freeing the iraqi citizens from the cruel regime of iraq. Libya is also a dictatorship, why isn't he interested in liberating the people of libya? Is it because they've agreed to submit their long-range weapons and Bush doesn't need to bother figthing?
    there has to be a bully to which everyone else must fall.. maybe once every other nation has no weapons, the US will finally destroy its weapons too? Or maybe it will keep them, just in case Saddam managed to clone himself before coming out of his hole?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)

its not just the americans though, most of the western countries have "weapons of mass destruction" tbh. granted tho the americans have a slightly larger supply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Do you want some?
    Won't say no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickNack)
    its not just the americans though, most of the western countries have "weapons of mass destruction" tbh. granted tho the americans have a slightly larger supply
    and more deadly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    Won't say no
    Exactly. You say yes to me because I have such a high rep possible give out. I will give you rep tommorow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Exactly. You say yes to me because I have such a high rep possible give out. I will give you rep tommorow.
    Actually I said yes because you offered

Thanks muchly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsboy)
    there has to be a bully to which everyone else must fall.. maybe once every other nation has no weapons, the US will finally destroy its weapons too? Or maybe it will keep them, just in case Saddam managed to clone himself before coming out of his hole?
    I really can't see the US ever destroying its weapons for the good of mankind. They always like to have the upper hand over the rest of the world and i can't see that stopping. Unless they have a president who is actually intelligent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickNack)
    i think they see the other western countries as more stable and less of a threat (i.e. they dont expect Chirac to launch a missile towards the US anytime soon) but other countries are less stable... Im sure Saddam and the North Korean leader feel the same way about the US, but since the US have more power, like you said, they are able to waltz around and do as they please. As we are in a democracy though, the 300million-or-so citizens of the US and UK are free to questions their Governments' decisions and their policy...

Just on that note, I think its funny how a riot about a poll tax forced a previous PM to resign, but a false reason for going to war does nothing of this sort!

ReputationRep:
    Just on that note, I think its funny how a riot about a poll tax forced a previous PM to resign, but a false reason for going to war does nothing of this sort!
    agrees, money is worth more than death to other people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    agrees, money is worth more than death to other people
    exactly, i think someone should publish exactly how much tax money could have been saved if this war had not have taken place - maybe then the public will care

ReputationRep:
    exactly, i think someone should publish exactly how much tax money could have been saved if this war had not have taken place - maybe then the public will care
    I believe it is $89,000,000,000 for the americans. For us it is in the tens of millions.

Its like Japan after 2nd world war. The idea is that you dont need to maintain your own weapons when america will take care of your defense. Libya is saying 'ok we'll get rid of our weapons, but it'll leave us weak' and America will say 'ok if u give up weapons, we'll look after you'
    Bam, Libya is off an silly axis of evil/terrorist countries, and it reduces the cost of national defense
    J

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    Its like Japan after 2nd world war. The idea is that you dont need to maintain your own weapons when america will take care of your defense. Libya is saying 'ok we'll get rid of our weapons, but it'll leave us weak' and America will say 'ok if u give up weapons, we'll look after you'
    Bam, Libya is off an silly axis of evil/terrorist countries, and it reduces the cost of national defense
    J
    and they must get kick backs such as cash...

i think they see the other western countries as more stable and less of a threat (i.e. they dont expect Chirac to launch a missile towards the US anytime soon) but other countries are less stable... Im sure Saddam and the North Korean leader feel the same way about the US, but since the US have more power, like you said, they are able to waltz around and do as they please. As we are in a democracy though, the 300million-or-so citizens of the US and UK are free to questions their Governments' decisions and their policy...

bear in mind that the bigger the democracy the more diluted the power...
    J

ReputationRep:
    does anyone agree with the way libya is ruled?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mittow)
    does anyone agree with the way libya is ruled?

Nelson Mandela does, he likes Citizen Gadaffi.

Yes, Libya will give up its weapons as the deal was orchestrated by the British, we have proof that they have weapons and are forcing them to give it up or go to the UN.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    For those of you that don't know:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/3337353.stm

So, is this the end of Libya's weapons of mass destruction? Or is it just a false promise that will soon collapse?

I think libya will keep to their promise

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.