Turn on thread page Beta

if you won the lottery what would you do with it? watch

ReputationRep:
    I must agree that most people would pay off their parents' mortgage(s)

And I would DEFINITELY take a really expensive luxurious holiday!

I would give some to charity tbh, but it wouldnt be my very first thought

ReputationRep:
    buy more lottery tickets!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    i would give some to charity (animal ones)
    You'd give money to animal charities when thousands of people are homeless and dying in Haiti, when there's famine in Darfur and there's persecution in Myanmar?

ReputationRep:
    If I won a couple of millions, I would spend it on educating myself, getting a pilot's license, race car license, all different car/truck/motorcycle licenses, divers license, and so forth.

Then I'd go travelling, like getting a couple of SUVs with mates and family and go across Africa, Russia, South America.

So fun-education, and experiences. I'd rather that than hanging around brats on an expensive beach and driving a red Ferrari with a plastic boobed gf. I would last just as long as the money... I'd need an insane amount

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homie)
    Me: Chuck a load in some form of untouchable bank account (If that's possible LOL!) to pay off student debts/some spare cash is nice. Go on holiday/s, buy a reasonable car ect.
    'Rents: Pay off house, make it a bit more mum friendly (She has major back problems..), send them on a well deserved holiday!
    Sister + partner: Pay off debts/help them buy house. Give my neices and nephew some money to keep for when they're older.
    Bro + partner: Help him sort out his house (It's an old victorian place...) and send them on a holiday.
    Bf: Two tickets (for him + his faja) in the best seats in the house at Anfield for a BIG champs. league game or tickets of final. Possibly buy him his stupid Honda Civic :laugh: Oh, and holiday/s!
    Bf's family: Dunno, but i'd take them out for a lovely lovely meal at least - as I owe his mum so much while he's been away

*Looks back* I've obviously planned to win big...
    Lol I know I worked out Id need at least £5,050,000 to do everything I want to do!

Family and extended family (family friends and children who are family) - £1m each for my parents, £250,000 each for mortgages/houses etc. and £50k each for children/pensions/weddings, £5k each for the best holiday ever
    Me - £25k for any study I want to do, £250k for a house, £10k for a car, £1m for the Christmas House (were all over the place, theres tens of us, we need a huge house for fantastic family christmas') £5k for best holiday ever

(Original post by flowermaster91)
    go to japan with my mate like i promised
    Thanks for reminding me, I forgot I promised a friend that I would buy him a car if I ever won the lottery. PS I looove Gossip Girl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kazaam)
    Anyone bought a euromillions ticket for tonight? don't forget, when the jackpot is the lowest, you have a higher chance of winning the 1M raffle!!
    Of course, every week. Gave up on the Bradford University's winning system though - far too expensive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennie1987)
    Of course, every week. Gave up on the Bradford University's winning system though - far too expensive

what's the bradford university's winning system? :woo:

what numbers u got for 2nyt?

ReputationRep:
    Me: Go on holiday to Canada, put enough aside for student debts and costs of doing an MSc and PhD [with living expenses], put at least half of it in an ethical wealth management fund to keep generating enough money for me to live off of each year, get some nice clothes, components for an incredible new computer and an enormous 3D TV, get my teeth fixed [only thing I hate the NHS for is how crappy their dentists are]
    Brother: £50K - enough to do whatever he wants to do at uni and take it to PhD level if he wants to, probably with a fair bit left over.,
    Mum & Dad: Buy a cottage in Dorset, pay off their mortgage and loan, buy them a first-class world cruise
    Friends: Take my uni friends on holiday to Canada with me, take my old school friends on a trip to New Zealand with me, give them enough money to pay off their student debts for their first degree, £10K each to go do whatever the hell they want.
    Nan & Grandad: Take them on a trip to California to go see relatives there, give them £50K hard cash
    Grandad (paternal): Give him enough money to buy a nice retirement cottage in a village somewhere.
    Godson (cousin): Set up a trust fund worth £100,000 minimum for him to inherit upon completion of university studies [he's only a toddler now, but I want what's best for him]
    Charity: donate £100,000 to the RSPB.
    Politics: donate £100,000 to the Lib Dems.

That's in order of precedence - stuff at the bottom will only be looked at if it doesn't interfere with stuff at the top.

ReputationRep:
    pay off student loan
    give some to my mum
    buy a new house for her to live in and a new car
    go to japan with my mate like i promised :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Invest it
    Give some to the rents, go for a huge round the world trip with friends, spend too much on clothes and buy nutella, endless supply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taheki)
    You'd give money to animal charities when thousands of people are homeless and dying in Haiti, when there's famine in Darfur and there's persecution in Myanmar?
    That's exactly why I donate to animal charities, because the majority have this very perspective...as a result most are helping human related charities and animal charities don't get much. It's only worthwile donating to charities that need it and could really do with your help. If the majority are donating to people and not enough is being done for animal charities then they're the ones that need it more. The minute not enough is being done for people, they'll definately be my priority.

ReputationRep:
    what's the bradford university's winning system? :woo:

what numbers u got for 2nyt?
    Its v.v.v expensive - and they needed like 11 people over 3 years to win.

Didnt win

ReputationRep:
    a pony and plastic surgery...
    how lower middle class....

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, cancel student finance loans, but still take the grants/scholarships... no point not taking what i'm owed...
    Then pay off Parents mortgage, least i could do.
    Pay off remaining finance on brother's car saving him ~£100 a month.
    And finance his 4th year law conversion that's gonna cost him ~£10k.
    Start looking near Sussex uni for nice houses with at least a double garage for my car and bikes...
    Maybe buy a 5th motorbike?Probably not, i got enough already...
    Waste ~£3,000 on a stupidly top of the line computer that will run all latest games/and all new games for a year or two brilliantly.

Invest the rest for my future...

May sponsor a motorcycle team i know that have a dedicated workforce, including me when i can spare the time, but are just lacking proper funding...

ReputationRep:
    1. Spend loads on clothes and makeup
    2. Redecorate the entire house, including gardens
    3. Pay off parent's mortgage and brother's uni fees, and give them some amount of money
    4. Book a really expensive holiday
    5. Donate to some charities
    6. Put some in to savings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennie1987)
    Its v.v.v expensive - and they needed like 11 people over 3 years to win.

Mine are 11 16 17 23 29 04 07, yours?
    what were the jackpots like?

ReputationRep:
    what were the jackpots like?
    You mean how much they won? like £4m

ReputationRep:
    1. Pay my parents bills - mortgage, continous bills, insurance - the lot!
    2. Invest some of the money in my current business.
    3. Donate money to charities dealing with Haiti.
    4. Donate money to Great Ormond Street Hospital.
    5. Save for my future uni debts.
    6. Save rest in my bank account.

ReputationRep:
    Pay off my debts and those of my family/friends. Put some in a savings account, invest some, maybe donate some to charity and just spend the rest. Go travelling probably, buy a new car, just the usual stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I'd just try and live like Don Corleone.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 5, 2013
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.