Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Stirling- Primary Education? I applied sooo long ago, not heard anything back, apart from an "Applicants DAY". Just wondered if anyone is in the same boat as me? Ive also applied for Strathclyde, Glasgow and Aberdeen but nothing yet? Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    They can take a wee while to get back to you - I think it was close to two and a half months before I got an offer. Not as long as Edinburgh though, that was closer to 4!

ReputationRep:
    2 and a half months! The nerves are killing me! I can't cope that long lol

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Enviromental Geography at the start of December and still nothing. I'm not too worried about it though, they have til the end of March to make a decision but hopefully they won't take that long.

ReputationRep:
    I applied last month and i heard back from Stirling just a few days ago, got an offer Don't worry about it though, they should reply to you very soon.

ReputationRep:
    They got back to me in january I think :p:
    Don't worry you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    I heard back after 3 days but that was back in November so I suppose the admissions tutors werent as busy. Looks like Stirling will be my insurance for Criminology & Sociology

ReputationRep:
    I had applied in December and got a reply back some time in February. This was two years ago mind, so they might have managed to speed things up a bit, though I doubt it. It also depends which course you applied for as well. More competative subjects can take a while, especially if you have slightly dodgey grades.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone for your comments made me feel slightly better still panicky though! Let me know how u all get on!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I got an offer till mid-February time. I set my application the day before the deadline though.

ReputationRep:
    I sent my app away in November and got an offer in December. You shouldn't have to wait too long now that the deadline has passed.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the help!

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer for Business Studies a few weeks after I applied Good luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    I got a reply for English a week after I applied. Good luck to everyone who has applied!!

ReputationRep:
    Hiya!

I'm at Stirling doing French/Spanish with Secondary Education but Primary ed do the same course as us for first (and I think? second year) so if you have any questions give me a shout!

You might be having to wait a bit longer because it's the Institute of Education you've applied to and they have to arrange interviews! Don't worry you've still got until March for them to decide!

=)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhona)
    Hiya!

I'm at Stirling doing French/Spanish with Secondary Education but Primary ed do the same course as us for first (and I think? second year) so if you have any questions give me a shout!

You might be having to wait a bit longer because it's the Institute of Education you've applied to and they have to arrange interviews! Don't worry you've still got until March for them to decide!

=)
    Aww kewl thanks, i really want to do it! I'll le u know if i get picked for an interview!

ReputationRep:
    Hm, I applied and got an unconditional 2 weeks later.

Extremely happy, I've accepted it firm this week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connorrr)
    Hm, I applied and got an unconditional 2 weeks later.

Extremely happy, I've accepted it firm this week
    Stirling? Lucky you! Hope i hear from them soon!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same boat!!
    I have applied for primary teaching at Stirling, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Strathclyde and Dundee.
    I have interviews for Strathclyde and Glasgow but haven't heard back from anyone else yet!
    I think it's Stirling I really want so I wish they would hurry up!
    I hate the waiting!!!
    But I've been told that primary education take longer to get back to you because they have to arrange interviews with everyone..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seonaid)
    I'm in the same boat!!
    I have applied for primary teaching at Stirling, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Strathclyde and Dundee.
    I have interviews for Strathclyde and Glasgow but haven't heard back from anyone else yet!
    I think it's Stirling I really want so I wish they would hurry up!
    I hate the waiting!!!
    But I've been told that primary education take longer to get back to you because they have to arrange interviews with everyone..
    Whens your interview for strathclyde? I really want to go to Stirling too! But haven't heard back from them unfortunately. Hopefully it will be soon!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.