Turn on thread page Beta

USA travel with internal flights, any problems? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey I was planning to go to the USA in September this year.
    I was thinking to fly from Manchester to Chicago; Chicago to El Paso; El Paso to Jacksonville; Jacksonville to New York; New york to Toronto and the from Toronto back home.
    Flights all together will be about 900 £. I was now wondering whether I will get any trouble booking the flight to Chicago just one way, then booking all the internal flights in the USA and then finally book the flight back home from Toronto.
    I will stay in America about a month.
    It is important to note that most flights would be booked indepenently and not all together as this safes a lot of money.
    About accomondation I do not worry, since I have friends at all these places.
    Its just booking all these flights indepently, was thinking whether I might get any trouble with my Visa if this was the case.
    Thanks for yoru help,

Regards

ReputationRep:
    You shouldnt so long as you dont strap boxes to your head, and are able to show that you have enough money to support yourself and have something to go home for (unconditional offer or something.) Maybe having the man to chicago and toronto to man flights before leaving would be the best bet. You dont want to be over thre and realise you dont have enough money to get home.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I would book the in and out flights at once. That way, you won't get any problems at immigrations - if you come on a one-way flight, if they challenge you and you can show proof of a booked flight back to where you came from you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    I think the fact you will have a ticket booked to exit the country via Toronto means you should be fine... It may be worth just contacting the US embassy in London via phone just for extra peace of mind

ReputationRep:
    ok thanks
    yes i was thinking to book all the flights in june so that would also include the flight back home from toronto

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krautboy)
    yes i was thinking to book all the flights in june so that would also include the flight back home from toronto
    If you have all your flights booked, i.e. proof that you intend to leave the country, you won't have any problems. I entered Canada in Toronto and exited through Vancouver and they didn't look twice.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.