Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Well today was Black Friday. I have just failed two exams, which means my contract has been terminated and I no longer have a job. I am absolutely gutted.

I'd be happy to re-take the exams as an independent (despite the cost :eek: ) but does anyone employ you as part-qualified? I know I will need a work contract to get the hours (and the funding).

I'm worried because I got in through the skin of my teeth as a mature student, with a small child to look after and that took priority over studying at times. I know it's all my fault, but I didn't actually think I would fail as I passed the mock exams.

Sorry to hear that. I also failed FR today and passed all the mock exams so you aren't alone - although I hope I'll get another chance.

There is a market for PQ ACA although it has got harder since the credit crunch.

I'd recommend phoning around and maybe trying some smaller firms to see if they will take you on.

The cost of the exam isn't that much - £80 for the exam and you already have the books

The real cost is the college course if you think you need to do it again

Yes some firms take on PQ's
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.