Turn on thread page Beta

Girl Problem... watch

Announcements

Ok,there's this girl that i have been friends with for about 6 years now. She is in a longish term relationship (about a year.) In the summer we suddenly grew fond of each other. We told each other and one thing led to another ending up sleeping with one another. We knew it shouldn't have happened but we were in love. She said that she wanted to leave him for me but ultimately decided it was too hard for her. Things had settled down, with frequent communication and meeting each other but only as friends. We thought everything was behind us. That is until last night when we went out, both drunk and we were very close. We told each other how our feelings had never changed. She told me that she wishes she was with me but will find it hard to leave her boyfriend. I like her a lot but know that it's wrong while she's still him. She said she wants to be with me but is she worth waiting around for? She's said she'd leave him before but i had to wait around for months before she decided against it. I don't want that to happen again but know that we would really work together. I have a Party on Saturday and she and her boyfriend will be there. Which will be interesting to say the least...What should i do? Wait around for her because i know we would be good together, or move on and let her and her boyfriend alone....?

ReputationRep:
    I think you should just quit your losses and move on. I highly doubt she'd ever leave her boyfriend and would be quite happy to string you along - maybe for validation....is she insecure at all?

ReputationRep:
    Move on. If she was going to leave him because she likes you better she would. And she has a boyfriend. No matter what - boyfriend = OFF LIMITS.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.