Turn on thread page Beta

Needing a haircut, need some advice.. watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

i really need my hair cut, the old layers and stuff have grown out, i'll get a picture up on here with me with straight hair soon but if you look on my profile thats my hair naturally.

its abit longer now it's past my shoulders about an inch longer, i want to keep the length but my layers were cut wrong so been trying to grow it out. my short layers make me look like i have a bob but then random long bits underneath if that makes sense.

i want to keep the length, but i want to add more movement to it as it can get a flat due to my hair being thin. what would i ask for and how do i avoid it going wrong again and looking like i have to hairstyle in one :L

any help appreciated!!

ReputationRep:
    So do you want to add more volume? Ask for just a trim, but ask for the hairdresser's advice on adding more volume to it. The easiest way to show the hairdressers what you want without them doing completely the wrong thing is to think of celebs who have hair how you want yours. Then find a picture of them and bring it with you to the hairdressers. Or just search hairstyle ideas for mind length to long hair (which is a much longer way than thinking of a specific person) and choose one that you like, print that and bring it along. Some hairdressers will understand you anyway if you just explain but its better to be safe and find a pic of a style you like. It's awful when they do the wrong thing! has happened to me so many times...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mollypop91)
    Hey,

i really need my hair cut, the old layers and stuff have grown out, i'll get a picture up on here with me with straight hair soon but if you look on my profile thats my hair naturally.

its abit longer now it's past my shoulders about an inch longer, i want to keep the length but my layers were cut wrong so been trying to grow it out. my short layers make me look like i have a bob but then random long bits underneath if that makes sense.

i want to keep the length, but i want to add more movement to it as it can get a flat due to my hair being thin. what would i ask for and how do i avoid it going wrong again and looking like i have to hairstyle in one :L

any help appreciated!!
    Shave it all off...

Low maintenance and all that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by judicious)
    Shave it all off...

Low maintenance and all that

yeah not gonna happen :L

short hair doesnt suit me so none i think is a big no no!!

thanks for the help was thinking of doing that, but wanted to no what others thougt thanks =]

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.