Turn on thread page Beta

Im female, 22 and for years have just wanted to act wild in society. I see people as too fixed, predicatble in their modest clothes, make up and high heels. Ive always liked the idea of parkour you know where you run down the street in style it seems as though people waste their bodies and focus too much on their minds and position in society. Im not saying its a bad thing cause its the only way society can work but it just really stands out to me that people have all these spontaneous actions their bodies can do yet the average person never even runs and look awkward (as though its unnatural) when they do.

Again Im not saying its wrong people can do what they want but its something that has always stood out to me. I guess with me liking gymnastics and keeping fit its caused me to think like this but I can go into town and everyone looks so fixed and robotic and there are a very narrow range of actions that are accepted as the social norm. People can't even look at each other for longer than a split second without it being seen as rude. This will sound daft but sometimes Ive felt like getting myself sent to a mental hospital on purpose so I can act how I feel like acting without being judged as such. I just like the idea of being wild have any of you felt like this?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone think tahar rahim from 'a prophet' is fit?? yum yum

ReputationRep:
    I wish I was a cat. I could sleep all day, waking up only to eat and occasionally clean myself. aw heaven.

ReputationRep:
    and er, this is why tsr is full of extremely odd users, folks.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I was Jenni Falconer's knickers. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to be a ladybug, flying around minding my own business Plus ladybugs are cute :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadiechantel)
    I'd like to be a ladybug, flying around minding my own business Plus ladybugs are cute :love:
    A ladybird bit me once.:mad:

ReputationRep:
    If you want to go wild, add me on msn.

ReputationRep:
    they always poo on me :dry:

ReputationRep:
    I like how the thread starter made a detailed, sophisticated well thought out post yet the thread title is just funny as ****!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliluvschoc)
    A ladybird bit me once.:mad:
    Oh that sucks, i wouldn't bite

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I guess with me liking gymnastics and keeping fit its caused me to think like this but I can go into town and everyone looks so fixed and robotic and there are a very narrow range of actions that are accepted as the social norm. People can't even look at each other for longer than a split second without it being seen as rude.
    Yes, because everyone's a robot, and you're the only one who thinks for themselves. :rolleyes:

http://m1.cdn.spikedhumor.com/1/186146_sheeple_1.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Oh that sucks, i wouldn't bite
    To be fair I had just pulled him off the back of his missus because I thought he was stuck...

:sigh:

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to be a sloth. I wouldn't even care if mould grew on me. Sloths have got it good.

I also have no objection to the idea of being a cat or ring-tailed lemur.

ReputationRep:
    I wish you were a chimp aswell.:coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJlover)
    does anyone think tahar rahim from 'a prophet' is fit?? yum yum
    just seen his pic yeah he fitt is his teeth are quite bad though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Im female, 22 and for years have just wanted to act wild in society. I see people as too fixed, predicatble in their modest clothes, make up and high heels. Ive always liked the idea of parkour you know where you run down the street in style it seems as though people waste their bodies and focus too much on their minds and position in society. Im not saying its a bad thing cause its the only way society can work but it just really stands out to me that people have all these spontaneous actions their bodies can do yet the average person never even runs and look awkward (as though its unnatural) when they do.

Again Im not saying its wrong people can do what they want but its something that has always stood out to me. I guess with me liking gymnastics and keeping fit its caused me to think like this but I can go into town and everyone looks so fixed and robotic and there are a very narrow range of actions that are accepted as the social norm. People can't even look at each other for longer than a split second without it being seen as rude. This will sound daft but sometimes Ive felt like getting myself sent to a mental hospital on purpose so I can act how I feel like acting without being judged as such. I just like the idea of being wild have any of you felt like this?
    I guess i feel like you too i absolutely hate they way most people just live there lives in autopilot. My getaway is music instead of gymnastics i am an incredibly weird dancer. i walk into a club (with good music) forget that there's anybody else there and move my body in anyway that i feel and am completely free. often people ask me if i am on extacy! I have yet to be kicked out of a club for doing this

just because your not a chimp it doesn't mean you cant go and live in the jungle for a while.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.