Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I'm an American student interested in attending a UK university and I submitted my UCAS application about 20 minutes ago (yes!).

I noticed on the websites of some universities that there are Entry Requirements in the USA section of their International page, and there are Course-Specific Requirements for each course. I meet the Entry Requirements easily (as I have fairly high test scores), but I'm worried that I will not score highly enough on my IB exams to meet the Course-Specific Requirements.

So I guess my question is this: will the universities give me conditional offers based on my IB scores, or might they give me unconditional offers based solely on the fact that I meet the Entry Requirements?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Trettzy)
    Hello! I'm an American student interested in attending a UK university and I submitted my UCAS application about 20 minutes ago (yes!).

I noticed on the websites of some universities that there are Entry Requirements in the USA section of their International page, and there are Course-Specific Requirements for each course. I meet the Entry Requirements easily (as I have fairly high test scores), but I'm worried that I will not score highly enough on my IB exams to meet the Course-Specific Requirements.

So I guess my question is this: will the universities give me conditional offers based on my IB scores, or might they give me unconditional offers based solely on the fact that I meet the Entry Requirements?
    Well, you should really have checked this before sending off your application... If you're taking the IB it's possible that your offers will be based on that, simply because it's the qualification UK universities will be more familiar with.

ReputationRep:
    Well, it would not have changed my choices much, and I had wanted to make sure my PS was as good as possible.

And yeah...I was afraid that might be the case. Thank you for the response.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.