Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Right basically, There's a girl and we have had a 'history' for the last 5 months. We've both admitted our feelings towards one another and slept with each other in the summer. We were close friends but for about 5 months now we've been a little more than that. Although nothing other than meeting up with each other has happened since the summer,we both still like each other. The only problem is (and it's quite a big problem) she has a long term boyfriend and has done for the whole time. We know it's wrong but we're attracted to each other. She's said wants to leave him for me but finds it difficult. He doesn't know about anything that has happened, he just knows that she liked me at one stage during their relationship. She wants to be with me but is scared to leave him. I know nothing can happen whilst she's still with him but is she worth waiting around for? We both want us to be together so why hasn't it happened? She says she's scared to leave him because me and him don't get on and he'll go mad. What should i do?

ReputationRep:
    If ur ever going to be together she will have to leave him, so if i were you i'd tell her that n then leave it in her court - if she wont leave him now then how likely is it she'll leave him any time soon. If she stays with the other guy then i think its unfair of her to expect you to wait around

ReputationRep:
    If she'd cheat on her boyfriend with you, who's to say she won't be doing the same thing to you at some point? She clearly has no conscience, so I'd be a little wary of entering into a relationship with her knowing her past infidelity.

If that doesn't bother you, then sure wait for her, but don't be fooled into thinking she's actually gonna leave her boyfriend for you.

ReputationRep:
    She sounds like one of those "grass is always greener girls". Once she's dumped him to be with you (even if she does dump him, which at the moment is looking more and more unlikely), everything will be great until she gets bored and jumps ship to another guy. She probably likes to be in a relationship with one guy after the other without a break, getting the next one lined up while she's still in a relationship.

If I were you, I would steer well clear. I'd probably also tell her boyfriend that she's cheated on him, but that's cos I'm mean like that.

ReputationRep:
    She wants to have her cake and eat it too,
    She cheated on her man and she'll cheat on you too!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.