Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you still listen to the radio, if yes , why??? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Isn't the radio outdated? Someone told me people use it to discover new music and stuff, i cant remember when i discovered any 'new music' on the radio. I can search and listen to any song i want on the internet.Isn't the radio just a waste of time now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimie)
    Isn't the radio outdated? Someone told me people use it to discover new music and stuff, i cant remember when i discovered any 'new music' on the radio. I can search and listen to any song i want on the internet.Isn't the radio just a waste of time now?
    I listen to the radio when I'm driving...

It's a good change from the internet/tv etc.

ReputationRep:
    No, I listen to it in the morning/early afternoon.

Chris Moyles/Fearne Cotton - make a change from listening to my usual music.

ReputationRep:
    definately when in the car, and it's still a great place for new artists to promote songs and some of the DJ's are still quite funny!

ReputationRep:
    Radio = Awesome discussion and racist old ladies.

:borat:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, when I'm trying to get to sleep. The Digital Switchover means my portable aerial can't pick up enough of the digital signal to get a picture for my TV !

Radio is pretty underrated IMHO.

ReputationRep:
    Chris Moyles :love:

ReputationRep:
    I listen to it for the features (e.g. Scott Mills) - because of the internet, radio has had to move towards entertaining people in a different way.

I also listen to radio quite a bit to improve my own presenting skills, as I'm involved on the hospital radio.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, radio 1 everytime I'm driving.
    Chris Moyles makes me laugh soooo much, I love the random conversations they have and the games they play I love all the other Radio 1 djs too. It's a bit of company when I'm own my own in my car and i love "oh, what's occuring?" haha, i could listen to it all day.

ReputationRep:
    I never really listen to the radio. I don't like DJs, for a start, since I prefer unadulterated music without some idiot cutting the fadeout or the intro up, as they often do. Radio One is ****, Radio Two is boring, Radio Three manages to make classical music boring whilst Radio Four is good but I don't actually listen to it except on the occasion that someone else is listening to it.

ReputationRep:
    The horrible, horrible early morning song that Chris Moyles plays at 6:30am everyyy day makes me get out of bed and go sort myself out. Then I listen to him when I'm getting ready for school.

ReputationRep:
    talksport when i wake up..
    kiss when drivin my workk van..
    talksport when im going to sleep

laav it

x

ReputationRep:
    Because there's **** all on TV. You can still find interesting discussions on radio and I'm a big fan of Mellow Magic in the evenings. There's only one show I used to listen to to discover 'new talent' but that was taken off air so now I just use youtube.

ReputationRep:
    I listen mainly for the entertainment. I also listen to stations that play 70s/80s music... :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    When I'm driving because I only have a tapedeck :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I listen: in the mornings whilst i'm getting ready in my room (no ipod docking ) and in the car.

Chris Moyles in the morning :love:

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually sick of Radio 1 and it's awful music. My local radio station (heart) is sooo bad for adverts, I just turn it off after 30 seconds. So, now I only listen to non-commercial radio stations online when there's an interview of a band I want to hear, or BBC Norfolk when my OH is being interviewed hehe.

ReputationRep:
    I like hearing people talking in the background, and the radio's selection is easier than making a playlist etc etc (I'm lazy)

ReputationRep:
    Because you can't beat the :love:shipping forecast :love:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lareneg)
    I listen to it for the features (e.g. Scott Mills) - because of the internet, radio has had to move towards entertaining people in a different way.

I also listen to radio quite a bit to improve my own presenting skills, as I'm involved on the hospital radio.
    so you think 'talk' is what drives radio these days not necessarily music...

I just don't see how the Radio can evolve, i mean there is the Analog switch off but even in Digital mode, if the radio has no substance it will just die off, i reckon.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.