Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emanuel_arsenalfc)
    my whole day is revolved aaround radio..

capital fm in the morning..johnny and lisa
    talksport at 10am-parry and townsend
    classic fm at 1- its pretty stimualting
    talksport at 4- bowtime with durham and goughy
    talksport or 5live aat 7-if theres any football matches on
    magic 105.4 at 10pm- mellow magic to get me to sleep...

i actually rely on radio to survive
    This is me assuming you are between the ages of 12 and 30 :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeremy_Whiskers)
    I can't believe the show of support for Chris Moyles on this thread, he's an overgrown obnoxious kid, the fact people actually tune in to listen to that drivel actually makes me lose faith in the human race.
    Me too!i cannot stand the whole jitter :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    I use to listen to the radio when I was at uni because I had no television and it killed the boredom/loneliness a bit.

I usually put it on if I'm driving in the car but generally I don't really listen to it.

ReputationRep:
    The radio's great when driving, though there are of course times when I'd prefer my iPod. If you want news or just some unexpected music when travelling, the radio easily wins out IMO.

ReputationRep:
    internet radio on a mobile ftw

ReputationRep:
    Absolute Radio!!
    Especially After eleven at night! :yep:
    105.8 incase anyone was wondering :p:

ReputationRep:
    Radio 1 for zane lowe, chris moyles and fearne cotton are ******* idiots who annoy the **** out of me.

Also, sometimes listen to radio 6 :yep:

ReputationRep:
    if there was no radio....there would be no LBC 97.3.....if there was no LBC....then....well, you don't want to know what would happen then

ReputationRep:
    I definately don't listen to the radio as much as I used to. I only really listen to it in the car sometimes and when I'm getting ready. I'll just usually listen to my own CDs or downloads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimie)
    Isn't the radio outdated? Someone told me people use it to discover new music and stuff, i cant remember when i discovered any 'new music' on the radio. I can search and listen to any song i want on the internet.Isn't the radio just a waste of time now?
    i listen to talk sport 10:30pm -06:00. talk about everything. so no not a waste of time. Especially, if you want to express your views or listen to different opinions etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emanuel_arsenalfc)
    my whole day is revolved aaround radio..

capital fm in the morning..johnny and lisa
    talksport at 10am-parry and townsend
    classic fm at 1- its pretty stimualting
    talksport at 4- bowtime with durham and goughy
    talksport or 5live aat 7-if theres any football matches on
    magic 105.4 at 10pm- mellow magic to get me to sleep...

i actually rely on radio to survive
    nice pick of radio stations. i defo agree. talksport is one of the best

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what to search for online on youtube for example, if I know of it, it's not new music to me

ReputationRep:
    At home we listen to a lot of Chill Radio on DAB when we are preparing or eating meals in the kitchen, and I like 6Music live shows and Radio 4 in the mornings, so I wouldn't say that radio isn't a part of my life.

ReputationRep:
    I listen to it because there is an entertaining show on my local station. That's all. And it's useful for the car, because obviously you can't watch TV in the car, as it's distracting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimie)
    This is me assuming you are between the ages of 12 and 30 :eek:
    yep...im 17 lol.. obv during the day when i have sixth form i cant fit the afternoon programs in but definitely capital in the morning, bowtime in the evening and magic at night..
    but since ive been on study leave its been like this everyday!!

ReputationRep:
    I listen to BBC 6music. It is really good for finding new music, especially Steve Lamacq, although during the day it gets a bit middle aged. Danny Wallace has a good show, too, and Lauren Laverne is alright.

I listen to the Today Programme, The Now Show and Just a Minute on Radio 4, too.

Radio 1 is only bearable after 10 p.m.

ReputationRep:
    I still listen to the radio because it's an amazing outlet for me to increase my music collection. It started with Johnathon Ross on BBC Radio 2 but now I ignore him, then I grew to Steve Wright in the Afternoon and Sir Terry Wogan since my parents played it on the morning drive to high school.....

Roll on my uni days with digital radio and lo and behold the day when I first tuned into BBC 6 Music and George Lamb :woo:

It's got a lot to offer like Craig Charles, Stuart Maconie and my favourite Gideon Coe in the evenings when I'm working and if I'm doing an allnighter I flick on to TalkSPORT with George Galloway MP, Mike Graham or Adrian Goldberg in the very early mornings.

Also listening to the radio is good 'cause I'm on the radio too at uni sometimes

ReputationRep:
    I like the radio, i like listening to the banter and you get to listen to new songs

ReputationRep:
    I like listening to my radio as I wake up or read or go to bed which is always once I've turned off my laptop - just rolling over and turning the radio on is far easier.

Plus, I'm falling a bit in love with Absolute Radio recently. I used to listen to Kerrang! alot at home because there was some decent presenters for most slots, it was locally based and my kind of music. But then they fired half the funny/intelligent presenters and they do tend to repeat songs far too much. But Absolute have no repeats in the daytime (WIN!), have 80s music in the evenings (WIN!), have a slightly bizarre late night phone chat show like Kerrang! used to have and the presenters aren't too bad either.

In the words of good Mercs, 'Let's hope you never leave old friend, like all good things on you we depend, so stick around cos we might miss you when we grow tired of all this visual'

ReputationRep:
    I listen in the morning when im getting ready =)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.