Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Pete Tong, Annie Mac, Zane Lowe and Essential mix. Thats about it for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    Pete Tong, Annie Mac, Zane Lowe and Essential mix. Thats about it for me.
    Haha finally somebody who watched the office!! USA right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    Haha finally somebody who watched the office!! USA right?
    English version all the way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    English version all the way.
    Aww maan !!

Give the US office a try - its honestlu much more entertaining and common steve carell!!?:yep:

ReputationRep:
    local football

ReputationRep:
    I still like the radio! I enjoy listening to Radio 4 (when there is something interesting i.e. not pretentious on, which is infrequent), Radio 3 and jazz stations. I like that I can listen to the radio whilst working.

ReputationRep:
    I find the radio useful when I get tired of the songs in my iPod.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    Aww maan !!

Give the US office a try - its honestlu much more entertaining and common steve carell!!?:yep:
    im on the 3rd series episode 20 on the us version and have came to a neutral conclusion that there both good in a different way :cool:

Uk just edges it though :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Only when I'm driving.

I usually listen to Scott Mills, Greg James and Nick Grimshaw. I actually love Nick Grimshaw's show and would listen to it at home. It has a great mix of new and old music, great features and funny, genuine interviews.

I did listen to Russell Brand regularly, but the Daily Mail ****** that up for everybody. He was at his best on the radio; his TV and stand-up work just isn't the same.

ReputationRep:
    I listen to BBC 6music all the time, they play a lot of great music on there I probably wouldn't hear otherwise. And it's the station with Adam and Joe on it =)

Also radio 4 can be quite good in the evenings, some good documentaries and debates. R4 Comedy is awful though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dennisthe3rd)
    im on the 3rd series episode 20 on the us version and have came to a neutral conclusion that there both good in a different way :cool:

Uk just edges it though :yep:
    I whole heartedly disagree

I think the characters in the US version are way more entertaining - I mean common dwight, Jim, Michael and frekin Andy Bernard!!

Arent there only 2 seasons of the UK version?!

ReputationRep:
    I listen to radio more for entertainment then liking/listening to the music. Definently when in the car, early morning, when im doing dishes.

ReputationRep:
    galaxy brmb heart sometimes and radio1/ bbc asian ntwrk.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't updated the music on my phone in agggees so I listen to the radio on my way to and from college.. Radio 1 and Galaxy. I usually flit through them for the best track.

ReputationRep:
    Ofcourse.

LBC 97.3!

And capital every now and again.

ReputationRep:
    I listen to BBC Radio 5Live and BBC Newcastle. Mainly for the non televised football to be honest, but occasionally listen to the odd talk show. Radio One is on in the car most of the time. I get very bored of listening to CD's or Ipods whilst driving. I find that the talking helps break it up a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Gotta love Radio 3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate_Geek)
    Because you can't beat the :love:shipping forecast :love:.
    Marry me.

We can grow old together, spending our days knitting and tending to the garden and discussing Westerlys in the German Bight.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Ultimate_Geek)
    Because you can't beat the :love:shipping forecast :love:.
    Agreed :love: the OP is obviously unfamiliar with it's soothing powers...

Faeroes, Hebrides, Rockall...

ReputationRep:
    Radio 4!

I only really discovered it this year, but it's amazing. I did listen to my mp3 player when I was painting, but now it's radio all the way.

Apart from having some awesome satire (search the Now Show) I love the way it covers random bits of science and news - it's like listening to wikipedia sometimes, which I love. It also has some really good drama - I cried during a radio play last week. It makes me think in new ways and keeps me up to date on things. Made me realise that my landlord is screwing me over when they had a documentary on housing and HMOs, which was really useful. I love entertaining documentaries and the news though, so yea.

The only things I don't like are the Archers and the Sunday church service.

During the snow, local radio was awesome - lots of people *****ing about snow and then saying everyone should stop *****ing about the weather, and my old local station used to have a late-night 'drunk versus stoned' when they'd get people to phone in and quiz them against each other, which was hilarious.

So yes - if I'm doing something which engages my eyes and hands, but not my brain, or I don't have time or inclination to pay attention to a film, radio is awesome.

So every time I paint/draw, cook, knit, make myself a cuppa, do my handwash, whenever we have slow internet... the radio, is ON. :love:

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.